Hey Guys,

I have been running some test on the Seidio Innocell 2600mAh Extended Battery. At first glance on-line I thought this battery would be really huge on the 8900 and ruin the form. However, I wanted better battery life so I gave it a whirl. After getting the battery in I realized that the form is not that bad and I like the texture of the new battery cover and it fits that hand better.

Here is a video that I made of my first impressions:

So after a few days testing I had about 2 times longer battery life over the factory battery. After using it for a few days I am really happy with the form factor and the feel in your hand. I would recommend this if you are looking at increased battery life. As a side note the Seidio battery cover that comes with this has NO movement in it

Last edited by ClintRo; 03-19-09 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Updated Video
    03-12-09 10:08 PM
    Great review!
    03-12-09 10:47 PM
    nice review, and the all black looks good
    03-12-09 11:07 PM
    Thanks Guys!!
    03-12-09 11:08 PM
    Nice review clint!
    03-13-09 12:15 AM
    So no more innocase II ???
    03-13-09 12:41 AM
    So no more innocase II ???
    I use it when I don't need the extra battery I will use the regular battery and Innocase II....I have heard they are working on an Innocase that will work with this battery.... HOPE it is true!!!!

I got a couple of questions, I also bought the battery.

1. Did you get more battery life the more you charged it a couple times?

I have used it over 4 charge cycles. I have changed OS and have had different usage, So the results are inconclusive at this time.

2. Where did you get the holster from?

The holster is on the Seidio website Horizontal Leather Case For Extended Battery

3. Your blackberry looks awesome! how did you get it to look all black?

I purchased the black bezel, black battery cover and G1 tack ball off the Cellular Accessories - Mobiado, Dopod/O2, Sony, NEC, Tools, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, Apple, Motorola, Bla website. Took about 20 minutes to switch them out. I love it but it can void your warranty since it involves disassembling the BB
    03-13-09 08:10 AM
    No Problem.... I think I am going to do a tutorial for it one of these days
    03-13-09 01:07 PM
    Their is a video on you tube right now... it is not exactly the bezel disassembly only but it gets you there
    03-13-09 01:16 PM
    Hey guys I Updated the review!!!

Final Results are that I am getting 2 times the battery life consistently

And I highly recommend this battery!!!
    Last edited by ClintRo; 03-19-09 at 09:54 AM.
    03-19-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD