I have anxiously been waiting for Seidio to release a case/holster combination for the 8800. Well, that day has finally come. I decided that I would try out both the JET BLACK PREMIUM SKIN CASE and the SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE in combination with the SKIN CASE HOLSTER.

I decided to start with the Skin/Holster combo and see how that worked out. The skin was relatively easy to put on. Once it was on, I thought it covered the device well and would give good protection. There is a rubber strip that goes through the middle that covers the Send, End, Menu, and Back keys. There is also a cutout that goes around the trackball. The rubber strip that covers the keys is still imprinted with what each key is, so that does not really cause any problems. However, I did feel that the cutout around the trackball was odd, however I got used to it and it didn't bother me after a few days. All other buttons on the device are still accessible with cutouts in the skin, and there is even a cutout for the speaker. The texture for the skin has a good "grip" feeling, but that also does make it attract lint a little easier.

Now I put my skinned 8800 into the holster. It is a good fit, but the clip on top of the holster kept catching on the cutout for the speaker. This was easily remedied just by lifting the clip again and letting the skin settle back into place. The rest of the holster worked perfectly. It has a swivel clip, and a recessed place for the trackball when holstered. Another big improvement with this holster over the identical one for the Pearl is that the placement of the clip on the back has changed. It has been raised on the back, so that the holster does not ride as high on your waist anymore and does not poke you on your side.

Overall, I think this is a good skin/holster combination.

Next, I switched to the Rubberized Hard Case/Holster. I have previously used this combo when I had a Pearl, and I knew this was something I had to get for my 8800. The case snapped together very easily, and it fits on the 8800 perfectly. Just like the skin, it has cutouts for all buttons; however this case does not cover any keys on the keypad. There is a small rubberized plastic strip that goes across the middle of the device, and around the trackball. I did not find this to interfere in any way with the functions of the keys or the trackball. The texture of this case is smoother and it does not have the lint issue like the skin.

Using the Rubberized Hard Case with the skinned holster is nice. It fits perfectly, and there were no issues with the clip at the top catching on anything with this case. It just snaps into place like it should, nice and secure. I failed to mention this earlier, but the holster does have a sleeper magnet to support the in/out of holster settings on the 8800.

Overall, I think this is an excellent case/holster combination, and it is what I'll be using most of the time.

Hat's off to Seidio for creating some great accessories for Blackberry users!

Here are some of the pictures of both products, sorry for the poor to average quality. I just can't get a good close-up picture with my camera.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 04-17-07 at 01:50 AM.
    04-17-07 01:43 AM
    Here are some more pictures....
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-17-07 01:46 AM
    Kasper, a great review. Makes me want to go and buy one even though i dont have the 8800.

A great wallpaper too, where did you get it
    04-17-07 03:40 AM
    Ok, I have followed suit and ordered mine. It should be here next week sometime...

Thanks Kasperapd, do you know how much money I've spent because of you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-07 08:01 PM
    Great review, Kasper - looks like a really nice case. Let us know what you think Navilyn when you get yours - and of course the tracking info

I remain waiting patiently for the 83xx - see how patient I look---
    04-27-07 11:52 PM
    Ok, I have followed suit and ordered mine. It should be here next week sometime...

Thanks Kasperapd, do you know how much money I've spent because of you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Glad I could help you add "value" to your 8800
    04-28-07 03:49 PM
    thanks for your review.
    I also bought the skinned holster and hard case, as well as the unskinned holster.

I can't make up my mind, but your review helped me a lot.
    04-30-07 10:45 AM
    I think once you put that hard case on, you'll be wanting to return the unskinned holster
    04-30-07 10:49 AM
    I just checked, and my order is being processed as we speak...
    04-30-07 10:55 AM
    I think once you put that hard case on, you'll be wanting to return the unskinned holster
    yeah not sure, yet. w/ the case I lose the 'bling' factor; and well it is nice to flaunt the latest toy(at least for a little bit), now if I was back in china, I'd have the case on, and make it as dull as possible.
    04-30-07 02:46 PM
    You didn't post the tracking, Navilyn Where exactly is it?
    --I do exactly the same thing by the way.....

I just checked, and my order is being processed as we speak...
    04-30-07 02:48 PM
    No tracking number yet, albeit I received an email saying it was shipped!

Darn the UPS man! - LOL
    04-30-07 10:19 PM
    How SSLLLLOOOOWWWW is this?! Keep us posted

No tracking number yet, albeit I received an email saying it was shipped!

Darn the UPS man! - LOL
    05-01-07 10:55 AM
    The trick is to choose FedEx Saver shipping and not USPS. It's worth the few extra dollars.
    05-01-07 03:03 PM
    Ohhhh, now you tell me!
    05-01-07 07:22 PM
    Sorry... You'll stick get it, but just a tad bit slower.
    05-01-07 07:57 PM
    I'm thinking of getting the Seidio hard case, but wanted to know how difficult the case is to remove, and if removing it has an impact on the case's durability. If I understand how this case works, there is a top and bottom attach to each other. This would then make it difficult to remove the battery and/or microSD card. Is there anybody that has experience with this case and could shed some light here?
    05-07-07 03:24 PM
    It's not hard at all to remove. You gently pull apart near the usb port and it will just pop right open. As long as you remove it like this, it should not effect the durability.

I hardly have to remove battery/card, but its not hard if I have to. Give it a try, you'll be impressed.
    05-07-07 04:25 PM
    Where are pictures, Navilyn?
    05-07-07 10:03 PM
    I haven't taken any, they would be exactly like the one Kasper posted...
    05-08-07 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD