I just dropped my torchh right on the screen.
    Thanks to otterbox, noo scratch on the phone or on screen.

40$, it worth the price

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 09:23 AM
    I've told my otter box story on here about a month ago. I had a iphone before my torch. I work at an airport around planes. I dropped my iphone on accident out of the holster and didn't know it. It was in the otterbox on the ground around a plane. A baggage cart RAN it over, it was face down in the snow when I found it with the tire tracks over it. The device was DRY and scratch free, in one piece, still working! Otter box is worth the money.

10-27-10 03:52 PM
    I'm glad to hear it's worked well for you. Mine has served me fairly well although the front faceplate came off each time it fell. If yours didn't pop off it seems you have a better one, but I'd still be wary of it becoming loose.
    10-27-10 05:21 PM
    I don't own an otterbox for my torch, nor have I ever owned an otterbox case(box?) lol but I dropped my first torch (battery problems and then second one had a dead pixel on the screen that was driving me nuts) jumping out of the bed of my pickup (2008 GMC 2500HD with a 4" lift) and it landed right on the screen - on concrete - and not even a scratch! so thankful there were no scratches .. now I sport the BB leather pouch and love it.

Hope I didn't "hi-jack" the thread.
    10-27-10 07:01 PM
    I love Ottorbox Defender! Great case. I dropped my 9630 while I was standing on a picnic table down onto the concrete.

Unfortunately I didn't have the case on that day.

10-27-10 07:10 PM
    Don't think most people can really trust the otterbox for the torch like they do for the other devices...
    10-27-10 07:27 PM
    I guess, but for now, its the best case I've seen ! Since its a slider, they cannot make any other type then the hardcases, and plastic ones scratches the metal around the phone.

I really like that case, its my first one tho

Even tho it makes the phone a bit bigger and heavier, I woudnt take it off :-p. Especially not after that first drop hehehe

10-27-10 10:42 PM
    This was the first time I tried otterbox, and unfortunately, hated it. 1) way too bulky, which I expected. By 2) way too slippery. I felt like I was going to drop it just by holding it. And 3), when I decided to stop using it, I removed the case and kept in a pocket in my bag. Took it out abt a day later to try putting on the phone again, and found the top tab on the front piece had cracked from being in my bag for a day, so it wouldn't stay on the phone anymore. Way to freaking sensitive! I can understand why people say it breaks from 1 or more drops. Like papped said, I think it doesn't have that 100% trust factor like it does for other models, simply because the torch requires a different case.

I moved to BSE so I can have the naked look and be protected, and have a grip on my phone. The only downfall is that the rubber battery cover is not exposed, which I loved, but it is also the part I want to protect most after the screen from dings and scratches, so ill take the tradeoff. I wish all you otterbox users continued success!

10-28-10 06:41 AM
    I guess, but for now, its the best case I've seen !
    I agree with you, so far it is the best case for me. I purchased on 8/19 at AT&T Corp store. They placed the OB commuter case on for me. I guess I am lucky as I have had no issues with fit - i.e. the top has never popped or fell off and buttons are not 'magically' pressed. In fact, for this unit the OB makes the lock key less sensitive. It now takes more pressure to depress the lock/unlock key and has solved the accidently hitting this key problem. I am hoping that a side benefit of using this case is no dust particles under the screen.
    10-28-10 07:19 AM
    I love Ottorbox Defender! Great case. I dropped my 9630 while I was standing on a picnic table down onto the concrete.

Unfortunately I didn't have the case on that day.

If this post made me laugh am I a bad person? :P

I have an 8330.
    Case not needed.

10-28-10 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD