01-02-09 12:38 PM
43 12
tools
    Great info. Thanks
    12-31-08 08:18 PM
    sweet!makes me want to buy one!
    12-31-08 08:27 PM
    Got mine yesterday and fully charged it last night...the difference for me is awesome so far. After full day regular use today it is still at 80% where normally it would be down to 50-60. I would assume it will roll off a little but for now it was the best purchase yet for the storm!
    12-31-08 10:48 PM
    Just a quick update. This is my fourth full charge and what I've noticed is that the battery
    indicator maintains Longer the full charge bars. In my modest opinion this extra time deserves the money

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 06:13 AM
    Looks like we should be getting the external charger here in Canada as well... Telus has it listed on their website:

Products and services / digital PCS / accessories / BlackBerry 9530 - TELUS Mobility - British Columbia

Now for the Seidio battery itself... If it gives you power-users a few extra hours of continuous use then I think it should give us moderate users an extra half-day of juice? good stuff. I might be able to push it to 3 full days on a single charge AND a spare battery to boot.
    Last edited by Bonjour43MA; 01-01-09 at 07:03 AM.
    01-01-09 06:59 AM
    How can that be?
    The charging unit is the same, it just ships with a different clip in battery connecting piece.
    01-01-09 12:29 PM
    I 1st used the fully charged Seidio battery yesterday & got ~ 26 hrs out of it w/ what I would term as low to moderate use of the Storm. (Sorry, I never really kept track how long the RIM battery lasts other than it made it on the charger every evening if not earlier in the day.) I had to use the bluetooth last evening while driving (before drinking :-)) and, if not for that, it wouldn't be on the charger now.

I will definately be purchasing the extended battery when available. I am very pleased with this Seidio battery.
    01-01-09 12:50 PM
    so this battery you guys are talking about is the 1600 or the huge one with the new door?

01-01-09 01:03 PM
    so this battery you guys are talking about is the 1600 or the huge one with the new door?
    I'm talking about the 1600 one
    01-01-09 01:04 PM

The 1600, but I just read in another post that Seidio will be shipping the 2600 on Jan 9, so I ordered one.
    01-01-09 01:14 PM
    Dustin, Seido are known for making a quality product at least as good quality wise as OEM.

I was not implying they weren't. I had owned their large battery for my MotoQ, and it really didn't retain 80% capacity after 6 months. So its kind of disappointing. (now I am implying my frustrating with Seido)

So, going back to my original point, I think it just makes sense to get the cheapest standard battery, and charge them seperately and bring them along.

the gains from the extended battery are seen immediately, but I'd like to see them get extended into at least a 10-12 month time frame.

From my point of view, if a manufacture is going out of their way to make extended batteries, they should be helping us by going for the long term as well, not just getting us there for 6 months.
    01-01-09 03:15 PM
    I'm cautious about purchasing another Seidio battery product.

I had an HTC Touch this year and I purchased their battery charger + extended battery bundle and naturally used the extended battery in the phone and left the standard battery in the charger most of the time.

One day I noticed that the standard battery wasn't properly docked in the charger and when I went to put it back in it wouldn't fit anymore. The charger caused my OEM battery to swell up so much that it ejected itself from the charger.

I honestly feel lucky that it did because it could have been a fire hazard. I definitely won't purchase another one of their products because I'm scared of them.

I can provide pictures if anybody is interested.
    Hastings,

I am sorry to hear about the problems with your battery, but I would like to clarify something. As with most chargers, our battery charger only does one thing, and that is send a constant charge to the battery. There's no way for a charger to know when a battery is full, which is why all batteries have circuitry built in to tell a charger to stop sending current.

I'd be happy to have one of our engineers take a look at your charger for you, but it's really not possible for a charger to bypass the protection circuitry in a battery in order to overcharge it. The problem would most likely reside within the battery itself.

I know this sounds like I'm passing the buck, but it's really the only explanation.

Thanks,
    01-01-09 07:34 PM
    I was not implying they weren't. I had owned their large battery for my MotoQ, and it really didn't retain 80% capacity after 6 months. So its kind of disappointing. (now I am implying my frustrating with Seido)

So, going back to my original point, I think it just makes sense to get the cheapest standard battery, and charge them seperately and bring them along.

the gains from the extended battery are seen immediately, but I'd like to see them get extended into at least a 10-12 month time frame.

From my point of view, if a manufacture is going out of their way to make extended batteries, they should be helping us by going for the long term as well, not just getting us there for 6 months.
    Dustin,

I am sorry you were unhappy with your battery, but I can assure you that most of our batteries last much longer than six months, (we've had customers who've had them for years). All lithium batteries have a finite amount of charging cycles now matter how well their built. There are also numerous things that can shorten their lifespan.

While all batteries are obviously not built the same, we pride ourselves on building the best quality battery we can to last as long as possible. We use the best cells available, and have established a reputation for quality in the Smartphone community.

I apologize again if we did not meet those standards in your situation, and would hope that you may give us an opportunity to do so in the future.

Thanks,
    01-01-09 07:46 PM
    Nice review. Thanks for the info. I'll be curious if your results maintain at the same level over the next few weeks. Would you please report back? I'd actually consider buying one if Seidio runs another coupon code for it again.
    01-01-09 07:46 PM
    Dustin,

I am sorry you were unhappy with your battery, but I can assure you that most of our batteries last much longer than six months, (we've had customers who've had them for years). All lithium batteries have a finite amount of charging cycles now matter how well their built. There are also numerous things that can shorten their lifespan.

While all batteries are obviously not built the same, we pride ourselves on building the best quality battery we can to last as long as possible. We use the best cells available, and have established a reputation for quality in the Smartphone community.

I apologize again if we did not meet those standards in your situation, and would hope that you may give us an opportunity to do so in the future.

Thanks,
    Thank you for your comments.

Would you be able to discuss the inner-workings of your batteries? Excplicit Cell origin, chemical and testing performed as well if the circuitry in the batteries have TEMP sensing ?

In regards to the chargers, the technology that some companies place into their chargers is a little more advanced than just sending current to the battery and actually senses the max cell voltage before decreasing the current to then start its "topping" of phase.
    01-02-09 03:32 AM
    I'm cautious about purchasing another Seidio battery product.

I had an HTC Touch this year and I purchased their battery charger + extended battery bundle and naturally used the extended battery in the phone and left the standard battery in the charger most of the time.

One day I noticed that the standard battery wasn't properly docked in the charger and when I went to put it back in it wouldn't fit anymore. The charger caused my OEM battery to swell up so much that it ejected itself from the charger.

I honestly feel lucky that it did because it could have been a fire hazard. I definitely won't purchase another one of their products because I'm scared of them.

I can provide pictures if anybody is interested.
    Ummmmmmm, ever thought of NOT leaving a battery in the charger "most of the time"? Some of you really scare me!
    01-02-09 04:24 AM
    Ummmmmmm, ever thought of NOT leaving a battery in the charger "most of the time"? Some of you really scare me!
    Considering I bought the secondary charger to keep my secondary battery charged, I didn't think it was ridiculous to want to keep it charged for when I need to use it. I leave my Canon camera battery in the wall-charger 24/7 and I have for years, never been a problem. I leave my laptop charging 24/7 without a problem - can't forget about my power tool battery that also continuously charges without a problem.

So...what's your point?
    01-02-09 10:00 AM
    Just a quick update. Today is my forth day (I believe) with the battery: I switched the phone on after a full charge at 7AM, made 5-6 phone calls (one of them of 20 minutes using a Bluetooth handsfree), answered 6 mails and checked Twitter almost every hour (I'm a big fan of this) and now it's almost 7PM and the battery is at 55%.

Bluetooth is on all the time (I really need it) and I have 2 bars of 3G more of less.

Let's see how it goes but so far so good for me!
    01-02-09 12:38 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD