01-02-09 11:38 AM
43 12
tools
    I ordered last week the extended battery (1600) and took only 5 days to reach Europe which is quite a record in my experience. After a night of full charge I can notice a huge improvement compared to the old battery. It's hard to quantify as I haven't done all the charging cycles but in my opinion I'd say the performance is far higher than the 15% stated. I will keep on informing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by amstel; 01-01-09 at 12:04 PM.
    12-30-08 11:36 AM
    I ordered last week the extended battery and took only 5 days to reach Europe which is quite a record in my experience. After a night of full charge I can notice a huge improvement compared to the old battery. It's hard to quantify as I haven't done all the charging cycles but in my opinion I'd say the performance is far higher than the 15% stated. I will keep on informing

thanks for the info, i've been strongly considering purchasing this battery! please keep us posted!
    12-30-08 11:39 AM
    Cool - let us know!!!
    12-30-08 11:39 AM
    I'm anxiously waiting for mine to arrive.
    12-30-08 11:50 AM
    I am on the fence on ordering mine. I'm thinking that little extra it provides will go the distance as some days I'm on low battery warning by 6pm (when I get off) and I hate bringing my charger to work.
    12-30-08 02:06 PM
    Let us know how it goes. I am considering getting the bigger one that they are coming up with soon.
    12-30-08 04:07 PM
    is it really that noticeable? thats really only an extra couple hours
    12-30-08 04:12 PM
    I would be more interested in how its performing a few months after its initial use. Immediate difference will be noticable.

but how good are the cells they are using, how long will they keep above 80% charge capacity after a bunch of charges and discharges.

Don't get me wrong, I am very interested and will buy a second battery, but I suspect that keeping a battery in the phone and the second battery charged and in my pocket is really the only way to make sure I have enough power.
    12-30-08 04:56 PM
    I would be more interested in how its performing a few months after its initial use. Immediate difference will be noticable.

but how good are the cells they are using, how long will they keep above 80% charge capacity after a bunch of charges and discharges.

Don't get me wrong, I am very interested and will buy a second battery, but I suspect that keeping a battery in the phone and the second battery charged and in my pocket is really the only way to make sure I have enough power.
    This is actually what I may end up doing too. The bigger one would be nice, but I don't want to make my phone any bigger. May just grab the 1600mA one, so I always have one fully charged.
    12-31-08 12:20 PM
    Oooo nice. I'm gonna be ordering one here in a bit for my Storm and one for my Bold.

12-31-08 12:28 PM
    where did you get it? i didn't see it in the crackberry store.

***sorry...just found it in seido store.
    Last edited by chiplatham; 12-31-08 at 12:42 PM.
    12-31-08 12:30 PM
    Dustin, Seido are known for making a quality product at least as good quality wise as OEM.

12-31-08 12:30 PM
    Keep us informed please. I have thought about getting that battery, but $45 seemed like a lot for 15%. If it lasts much longer I may be interested.
    12-31-08 12:54 PM
    Is there a desktop charger that will charge BOTh the Storm and a spare?
    12-31-08 01:40 PM
    I don't have one but this one says it will.
    12-31-08 02:04 PM
    I think there is one in the Crackberry Shop.
    12-31-08 03:55 PM
    I'm cautious about purchasing another Seidio battery product.

I had an HTC Touch this year and I purchased their battery charger + extended battery bundle and naturally used the extended battery in the phone and left the standard battery in the charger most of the time.

One day I noticed that the standard battery wasn't properly docked in the charger and when I went to put it back in it wouldn't fit anymore. The charger caused my OEM battery to swell up so much that it ejected itself from the charger.

I honestly feel lucky that it did because it could have been a fire hazard. I definitely won't purchase another one of their products because I'm scared of them.

I can provide pictures if anybody is interested.
    12-31-08 04:05 PM
    I think there is one in the Crackberry Shop.
    On this site? There are two the OEM (I have that one) and some "Mr. Handsfree" for charging multiple phones. I didn't see anything.
    12-31-08 04:06 PM
    I don't have one but this one says it will.
    I'm thinking that since it holds the phone upright and the phone's charging 'hole' is on the side that this holds it upright and you have to plug it in rather than simply setting it on its cradle and letting it charge...picky I know but there's always hope some designer is paying attention I guess.
    12-31-08 04:09 PM
    Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories

Not out quite yet from Seido
    Last edited by bighap; 12-31-08 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo
    12-31-08 05:03 PM
    That's the charger that caused my battery to swell. (=

Just an FYI.
    12-31-08 05:34 PM
    I ordered last week the extended battery and took only 5 days to reach Europe which is quite a record in my experience. After a night of full charge I can notice a huge improvement compared to the old battery. It's hard to quantify as I haven't done all the charging cycles but in my opinion I'd say the performance is far higher than the 15% stated. I will keep on informing

Have you heard of a separate charger for extra Storm batteries ? One of the early selling points for Storm was that you COULD remove the battery and replace it. Having several batteries for intense client sessions is a plus, but keeping them charged up can be a hassle.
    12-31-08 05:42 PM
    Blackberry is supposedly going to make a separate battery charger. I ordered one but it's still on backorder:

BlackBerry D-Series Mini External Battery Charger (ASY-18976-002) - MSGDigital
    12-31-08 05:53 PM
    FYI, very noticeable improvement w/ my extended battery as well. Sure it might actually be only a few hours... but it's enough so I don't have to deal with the nuisance of charging it before the day is up. I just flew home yesterday, had a few bluetooth calls in the am, watched a movie on the flight, cranked up gps (VZNav) on way home... no low battery alerts. Nice job Seidio.

-s
    12-31-08 06:28 PM
    That's the charger that caused my battery to swell. (=

Just an FYI.

Availability:
    Coming Soon
    Product Code: BD3-BCSI3BBX6-BK
    How can that be?
    12-31-08 06:36 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD