10-13-08 01:09 PM
28 12
tools
    Does anyone know who will be the first to have Bold accessories in the UK, I am desperate for the belt pouch and powerstation, any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Lee
    09-16-08 08:03 AM
    Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery - Mobile - Search Results: blackberry bold

They have some items in stock now & some on way 29 Sept.
    09-16-08 08:20 AM
    Thanks for the reply, they have the usual after market stuff, but its the official stuff I am desperately looking for, cheers anyways.

Lee
    09-16-08 08:35 AM
    I usually go with mobilefun.co.uk great service rapid delivery. They have bold accessories listed but only as coming soon. I am waiting for the power station too........and a spare battery (they have those but I will order al at once ) ...........and a desktop charger.............and a .........LOL! just everything!!

Have tried ebay too but nothing yet
    09-16-08 08:44 AM
    Man those power stations are great!! thinking about 2 one for work and one for office LOL!

Can anybody finding UK bold accessories put a post on the forum...thanks.
    09-16-08 08:57 AM
    @Bodisaffa,
    I am in the Mobile industry and have 3 shops, but none of the disties in the UK have the power stations or the pouches, one of the main agents for the UK is Expansys but they are quoting the 29th Sept . I already have a power station for my Pearl, and the front cradle just slots off, so I am wondering if there will be a cradle for the bold that will just slot on so to speak....

I cant wait untill the 29th, I neeeeed them now !!!
    09-16-08 09:16 AM
    I cant wait untill the 29th, I neeeeed them now !!!
    LOL! It's like talking to myself in the mirror.

I have a berry buddy which I had from my curve, the bold will squeeeeeeeze into it but I need the power station!!
    09-16-08 09:25 AM
    Quick question on BlackBerrys desktop charger. Do you have a linked cable that plugs into the mini USB port on the Bold, unlike other BB's that have two charging points on the back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 12:22 PM
    The charging points for the Bold are on the bottom corner edges of the unit, slightly recessed in so when it slots in the charge dock thats where contact is made. So once in the dock you dont need to connect the wired cable to the mini usb port.

I think thats what you wanted to know.

Lee
    09-16-08 03:14 PM
    Hi all,

Well for a case i went for the PDAir flip case as they are my current case maker of choice plus i already have a Car Suction Mount that the case will just fit on.

For a Desk top stand/Charger i decided i really didn't like any of the charging Pod's or desktop chargers that i have seen plus of course none of them are available yet. So i choose the BlackBerry Desktop Mobile Holder from this company Genuine BlackBerry Desktop Stands & More Great Accessories Available which looks great both with or without the Bold on it. Also it only charges or syncs the Bold when i plug it in not every time i have it on the stand also i can put the Bold on this stand either with the case on or off. It may not be everyones ideal solution but it is the best one for me and my needs.

Marc
    Last edited by Dogmann; 09-17-08 at 10:24 AM.
    09-16-08 03:31 PM
    The charging points for the Bold are on the bottom corner edges of the unit, slightly recessed in so when it slots in the charge dock thats where contact is made. So once in the dock you dont need to connect the wired cable to the mini usb port.

I think thats what you wanted to know.

Lee
    Thanks Lumalee. I never really noticed those before. Too busy looking at that screen!
    09-16-08 03:37 PM
    As usual I went with my phone/PDA case maker of choice, Krussel. Seriously great leather case with a removable flap/cover... and a bargain for less than 15 if you look around.
    09-16-08 04:41 PM
    Hi all,

Well for a case i went for the PDAir flip case as they are my current case maker of choice plus i already have a Car Suction Mount that the case will just fit on.

For a Desk top stand/Charger i decided i really didn't like any of the charging Pod's or desktop chargers that i have seen plus of course none of them are available yet. So i choose the BlackBerry Desktop Mobile Holder from this company www.pdacti.co.uk/desktop-stands/ which looks great both with or without the Bold on it. Also it only charges or syncs the Bold when i plug it in not every time i have it on the stand also i can put the Bold on this stand either with the case on or off. It may not be everyones ideal solution but it is the best one for me and my needs.

Marc
    Can't get that link to work?? Is the URL correct?? Have tried a googl on pdacti but only this thread comes up??
    09-17-08 03:49 AM
    should be pdaciti.co.uk
    09-17-08 05:29 AM
    Hi Bodisaffa,

Sorry about that too much pain and med's meant i missed an i in the address should work now though.

Marc
    09-17-08 10:26 AM
    No worries checked the link now its all good they got some nice desktop chargers , gonna wait for either the chrome ones or the power station end of sept release , just ordered the krussel case today :-)

09-17-08 10:30 AM
    @ Bodi and the rest of us,

Just found out that 20:20 logistics are the UK importer of RIM and associated accessories, so I have an account with them and will try and let you all know when the bold power stations and desktop POD chargers are in the UK, its supposedly the 29th sept but, I really really cant wait that long !!!!
    09-17-08 05:14 PM
    .co.uk, were showing the Bold docking pod as being available for delivery in two days time, so I ordered a couple today. Fingers crossed.....
    09-17-08 05:37 PM
    No worries checked the link now its all good they got some nice desktop chargers , gonna wait for either the chrome ones or the power station end of sept release , just ordered the krussel case today :-)

Does the Krussel case make the bold feel much larger? The build quality looks great from the photos on mobilefun's website.
    09-18-08 02:05 AM
    Let you know when I get the case but from what I have seen it will make it a bit bigger, I have only heard good things about it so that's why I went for it. I don't mind it being a bit big I like my bold to be tucked away in a nice case in my backpac when I am not using it. If size is a concern I would go for a skin of some sort, let you know the verdict later today or tomorrow when it arrives
    09-18-08 02:38 AM
    @ Bodi and the rest of us,

Just found out that 20:20 logistics are the UK importer of RIM and associated accessories, so I have an account with them and will try and let you all know when the bold power stations and desktop POD chargers are in the UK, its supposedly the 29th sept but, I really really cant wait that long !!!!
    Excellent thanks!!
    09-18-08 02:38 AM
    Got the Krussel case this lunch time.............HATE IT!!

The flap is HUGE the detachable belt clip is HUGE the fit is to tight IMO down right awful case!! I know tons of people LOVE this case (this is why I bought it) but I HATE it!!

Just my opinion though

Hope this helps
    09-18-08 08:14 AM
    Thanks for the update. I think I will wait to see what else comes on the market.

Do you think you will be able to send it back?
    09-18-08 05:51 PM
    Got my Charging POD for the Bold, fantastic, really small neat footprint, finished in a metallic bronze chrome with a little LED light bar at the rear, Bold just drops in and goes into bedside mode, love it, Paid 28 delivered and glad I didnt do overkill and buy the Power Station at nearly 60 !!! The pod is much neater.

Lee
    09-28-08 03:24 PM
    I ordered my charging pod from a UK eBay seller on Friday, so hopefully arriving Mon/Tues. It'll take pride of place on my desk at work.

I had one for my Curve and it made it so much easier to have my Curve on hand, charging when not in use.
    09-28-08 05:50 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD