So I am back to the world of RIM from my droid Incredible.

Actually not leaving my DI (I love it) but my work just got me a 9650 (I love it) so now I have both.

It looks like seidio is dragging their feet on the case so I went with an Otterbox Commuter. (any good for this phone?)

Still need to pick a screen protector. I have the seidio crystal clear on my DI and its good just wondering what other 9650 users are using.

Oh yeah and are there any big annoying issues we are waiting on a new os to fix? I'm on 5.0.0.732

Thanks !
    07-17-10 02:43 AM
    So I am back to the world of RIM from my droid Incredible.

Actually not leaving my DI (I love it) but my work just got me a 9650 (I love it) so now I have both.

It looks like seidio is dragging their feet on the case so I went with an Otterbox Commuter. (any good for this phone?)

Still need to pick a screen protector. I have the seidio crystal clear on my DI and its good just wondering what other 9650 users are using.

Oh yeah and are there any big annoying issues we are waiting on a new os to fix? I'm on 5.0.0.732

Thanks !
    Glad you came to your senses! LOL
    Here is a link to a privacy screen protector I purchased for my 9650 that only cost 4.99
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 Privacy Screen Protector

Any of the 9630 or Tour items will work for the Bold 9650 just with the cases the usb charging port may be off by a mm or two...
    07-17-10 06:58 AM
    I have the Bold and the Otterbox Commuter case. The case comes with a screen protector so you don't need to purchase another. It is not a privacy screen protector so if that is what you need I would check out Jaydee's recommendation. She has been very helpful on these boards especially to newbs like me.

All I can say is that I heart Bold and the Otterbox Commuter. Best mobile device and case I have ever owned or used. I highly recommend both. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 07:37 AM
    Brooke aren't you sweet? TY honey! Make sure you post in the Ramblings once in a while...we miss you!!!

As for OS fixes...I would hope that a new OS would fix the low volume problem. Seems that call volume, ringtone volume, vibrate volume and such is pretty low for most folks. That needs to be fixed with an OS patch of some sort.
    07-17-10 08:20 AM
    I use the ZAGG protector, and Love it! It takes some work to put it on correctly, but once it is on, your good to go. Also it comes with a lifetime replacement warranty (well for the lifetime of the device).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-10 08:33 AM
    I don't think an OS update can fix the vibrate volume. I suspect that the vibration motor is too small for the weight of the 9650 to create a "bigger buzz".
    07-18-10 08:08 AM
    I don't think an OS update can fix the vibrate volume. I suspect that the vibration motor is too small for the weight of the 9650 to create a "bigger buzz".
    Wow, really? That's too bad, because I like to leave it on vibrate at work most of the day. As for the ringtones and alerts, I could take each one and re-do them all in audacity and make them 300% louder and put them back on the berry. I suppose that would work, no? But I can't copy the bb tones that come with the OS so I'd have to find my own or add my own, right?

I'm just tired of barely able of hearing an SMS tone when my phone is in my purse and the thing is cranked to loud.

Hey sorry. Didn't mean to hijack the thread! OOPS!!!!
    A thousand pardons!!!!
    Anyway, an OS fix should help with the volume for everything else, we hope!
    07-18-10 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD