Ok guys... What is your favorite silicone/rubber skin for the Bold 9000? It could be anything from the Case-Mate Smart Skin, to the OEM silicone skin... What would you say is your favorite?
    03-30-10 11:21 PM
    I would have to say the OEM black silicone case. Original, clean and simple. I don't like holsters hanging from my sides.
    03-31-10 02:24 AM
    dont these silicone cases scuff the casing of the phone after some time? do you guys remove them regularily to clean off accumalated dust etc? reason for these questions is that I need to get one asap for my bold.....thanks in advance for any response
    Last edited by mmoonsamy; 03-31-10 at 03:57 AM.
    03-31-10 03:51 AM
    I have had the case-mate smart skin on for about a six months now and its pretty good. Doesn't damage the Bold in any way and doesn't interfere with the keyboard either.
    03-31-10 08:36 AM
    The iSkin is by far my favorite. I hate holsters and always have my Bold in my pocket. The OEM skin made it hard to get in and out, but the iSkin is great. Easy to get on & off and doesn't damage the bezel at all.
    03-31-10 02:52 PM
    I have an Epik resin case and I love it. I also keep mine in my pocket and it works great.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/epi...e-best-382432/

bold 9000 epik, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!
    Last edited by sdmcwilliams; 03-31-10 at 03:01 PM.
    03-31-10 02:58 PM
    I know the OP's question was about silicone cases but like a couple of other posts suggest, some non-silicone cases are a great choice.

Similar to the iskin & Epik, I've been very satisfied with my Seidio Snap case.
    It's also similar to the 'Case Mate Barely There'... but has a bit more edge protection.
    http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content
    03-31-10 04:43 PM
    I would go with the OEM silicon cover. I find that i often like to hold my blackberry naked and with the OEM it is as easy to put it on and off.

I seldom use the holster because i noticed that after sometime the paint on the bezel starts to peel off on the sides.
    03-31-10 04:59 PM
    i used to have a rubber case on mine but it made crazy scratches on my oem bezel. i had to replace to bezel. so thereafter, i decided naked was the way to go. only have a screen protector on it.
    03-31-10 06:21 PM
    i use the oem white silicon case myself.
    03-31-10 07:15 PM
    OEM black. I've tried a few cases and the holster but always go back to a simple black OEM skin. I like how it hides the shiny bezel, but that's just my preference.
    03-31-10 09:44 PM
    I have had the case-mate smart skin on for about a six months now and its pretty good. Doesn't damage the Bold in any way and doesn't interfere with the keyboard either.
    London_Falcon, I heard after a while the Case-Mate Smart Skin stretches, since you have had it, does it seem that way?

I originally asked about silicone cases, well, for me I am looking for a case. I keep my phone in my pocket as well. I seen the videos on the case-mate smart skin but it kinda looks like it makes it a lot bigger. It sucks that a lot of these you can't see in stores so you can compare.

Anyway, keep them coming. You can also list your favorite skin that is not silicone as well.
    04-02-10 02:40 PM
    I personally use and really like the Otterbox silicon case. I think it is the impact series. They usually run about $20 but I picked mine up on ebay for $10. Had one for the iPhone I had before the Blackberry and I loved it then too.
    04-02-10 03:06 PM
    I use a Chinese made Orange skin which I found on eBay for about 1.00 with free P&P, I've also had one for my Tour, but overall they're quite good quality, and are very reasonably priced.

Just be careful as some of them can be a bit dodgy, try and find one's that are "OEM" or "near-OEM".
    04-03-10 02:32 AM
    iSkin Vibes look pretty cool, i really want to buy one for my bold..
    04-05-10 09:15 AM
    The iSkin is by far my favorite. I hate holsters and always have my Bold in my pocket. The OEM skin made it hard to get in and out, but the iSkin is great. Easy to get on & off and doesn't damage the bezel at all.
    Ok, I have looked at reviews and have heard that the iSkin is great but something people tell me is the opposite of what you said, "Easy to get on & off". I hear its a pain to take off. Please verify this if you can.

I have an Epik resin case and I love it. I also keep mine in my pocket and it works great.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/epi...e-best-382432/

bold 9000 epik, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!
    Is this Epik resin case (I'm loking at the Epik Case Resin Pro) easy to take off if needed, and also is it easy to put in and take out of your pocket? Any info is appreciated. Thanks guys.
    04-07-10 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD