Feel very stupid asking, but ya neva know. Bought Rim branded charging pod, plugged power supply into back, and dropped Bold 9000 into it. No connection. Plugged the power cord directly in, works perfectly. The stupid part, is there any setting for using external power supply pod anywhere before I return it, $9 shipping for $12 unit. Thanks.
    rfalter
    02-07-09 10:41 AM
    I just got a bold but I doubt there would be such a setting. Try contacting the manufacturer/seller before returning it, seeing as how the shipping is so steep.
    02-07-09 11:14 AM
    I'd make sure the power cord is plugged fully into the charger first. If you have a skin on your Bold, it has to be off because I believe most (if not all) of them cover the two spots where the tabs/prongs on the charger make contact with the Bold.

I would conatct the seller to see if a replacement could be had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 12:49 PM
    sounds like a defective pod because I didn't change any settings when I added my pod.. But before you return it, go to the alarm clock and see if there is a setting under bedside mode that is causing this.
    02-07-09 02:04 PM
    Tried everything, I think the contacts on the lower left and right are not touching the contacts on the POD. And of course, it's made by RIM. No skin except on the screen, so that's not it. Shipping is $4.00. Thanks all
    02-07-09 02:13 PM
    Hi rfalter,

May sound stupid but have you removed the plastic insert from inside the Pod or even checked there is one there as I'm pretty sure there was one on mine.

Marc
    02-07-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD