I bought this external charger and it worked for a few days and this is how it works when it is working properly.

Place battery in charger. Light goes to Orange.
    When battery is charged. Light goes to Green.

For some reason now when I put the battery in, it is a flashing red light and the battery does not charge.

Any ideas?
    01-01-10 06:25 PM
    Normally something like that woudl mean that its not set up properly or if anything else it could be a bad battery and wont take a charge

Will the batter charge any other way?
    01-01-10 06:28 PM
    Really no setup involved. Just plug in the charger and place battery inside. Product below.

Batteries are fine as they take a charge inside the phone properly.

Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry DX-1 Mini Battery Charger
    01-02-10 09:41 AM
    I have the same thing, mine works fine. I have never seen the flashing red lights.
    01-02-10 10:38 AM
    Are you using a OEM cord with it? If not it could be a voltage issue. I would imagine the flashing red means something is wrong. My FIRST thought would be to check the cord. If not that, then the charger itself probably failed and needs to be replaced.
    01-02-10 10:43 AM
    It is not an OEM cord, but blackberry cord that came with phone. Blackberry branded. I will try other cords, however, just in case.
    01-02-10 11:01 AM
    It is not an OEM cord, but blackberry cord that came with phone. Blackberry branded. I will try other cords, however, just in case.
    It is made to work with the OEM a/c adapter cord or USB cable that came with your Tour.. I know since I have the same thing also. I'm not sure what your red blinking would be, but since the batteries charge ok in the phone, my guess would be a defective charging case.
    01-02-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD