I just ordered an extended battery for my 9650..

is there a case that'll fit this phone with an extended battery in it?

my next question then be..what about a holster for the cased phone?

thanks!
    12-19-10 08:19 PM

thanks!
    If you are referring to the Seidio 2600 mAh battery, here is what I know (because I have and use one) your device will fit in the OEM case/holster that came with our BB. A little tight but it works just fine, just to be sure and avaoid unwanted key presses I put it to sleep before I put it in the holster. I know that you can use one of the popular cases, don't remember which one; however, you will have to leave the battery door off the device. Search the forums and you will find the thread that deals with this and tell you what case will work.
    12-19-10 08:34 PM
    Originally Posted by RHP23

thanks!
    and

If you are referring to the Seidio 2600 mAh battery, here is what I know (because I have and use one) your device will fit in the OEM case/holster that came with our BB. A little tight but it works just fine, just to be sure and avaoid unwanted key presses I put it to sleep before I put it in the holster. I know that you can use one of the popular cases, don't remember which one; however, you will have to leave the battery door off the device. Search the forums and you will find the thread that deals with this and tell you what case will work.
    I too use the 2600 mAh battery from Seidio. I wanted to use the belt-mounted Innocase Spring-locked holster that Seidio provides for the Bold, but it wouldn't fit with the Bold covers that Seidio provides. After a phone call with the Seidio marketing department, they admitted that the blackberry bold covers would not work with the spring-lock Innocase belt-mounted case when the 2600 mAh battery is used with the accompanying back provided by Seidio. However, I have found that the spring-lock Innocase belt-mounted case will work with the Bold and the 2600 mAh battery WITHOUT the covers provided. It seems a little loose, but I have never had the Bold fall out of the case. It's the Seidio Product Code: HL3BB9630AS. Hope this helps.
    12-20-10 08:48 AM
    If you pocket your BB - Otterbox Commuter case. Leave the extended battery case off, cut the silicon inner layer around the battery, clip on the hard outer layer. Works perfectly, looks like there is no extended battery.

BTW, about a week now with the Seidio 2600 battery - amazing. I could never make it from 5:30 a.m. past 6 p.m., so was constantly charging it here and there. With this battery, I use it till nearly midnight and have never dropped below 30%.
    12-20-10 10:18 AM
    Thanks to all who posted..every bit of info helps..

If you pocket your BB - Otterbox Commuter case. Leave the extended battery case off, cut the silicon inner layer around the battery, clip on the hard outer layer. Works perfectly, looks like there is no extended battery.

BTW, about a week now with the Seidio 2600 battery - amazing. I could never make it from 5:30 a.m. past 6 p.m., so was constantly charging it here and there. With this battery, I use it till nearly midnight and have never dropped below 30%.
    this will most likely be my best option..as I already own the commuter case (although the plastic shell snapped recently while trying to pull it off to do a BP)..I've seen deathcommand's tutorial and that, seemingly, is the best solution in terms of looks/protection for the 9650..

I found a 2600mah on Amazon.com cheap (it was $4.75 when i ordered it)..do any of you think there is going to be a difference between this

Amazon.com: Verizon Blackberry 9630 Tour 2000mah extended battery with Black Door: Cell Phones & Accessories

and the $60 brand name battery that Seidio sells..

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-innocell-2600mah-extended-battery/8A37A5888.htm ??

any insight would be much appreciated..thanks.
    12-20-10 11:13 AM
    If you want to read post #7 of this thread you can watch the video provided by another user on how to make the Otterbox Commuter case work with the extended battery.

Seidio is one messed up company. That Innocase is absolute crap but the holster is wonderful. The Otterbox Commuter blows it out of the water, and neither make a case for the extended battery. The Commuter case has to be modified and you can't use the battery door.
    12-20-10 10:44 PM

this will most likely be my best option..as I already own the commuter case (although the plastic shell snapped recently while trying to pull it off to do a BP)..I've seen deathcommand's tutorial and that, seemingly, is the best solution in terms of looks/protection for the 9650..

I found a 2600mah on Amazon.com cheap (it was $4.75 when i ordered it)..do any of you think there is going to be a difference between this

Amazon.com: Verizon Blackberry 9630 Tour 2000mah extended battery with Black Door: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content ??

The one you ordered is a 2000 mAh according to the link and the detail on the battery's page, while the Seidio is 2600 mAh which is about double the difference between the OEM at 1300 mAh and the 2000 mAh. You need to decide if the defference between the 2000 mAh and the 2600 mAh is going to give you a problem or not. Obviously, the 2000 won't last as long as the 2600.

I have also read that some of the off brand batteries, are cheaper than the Seidio, don't provide the performance of the Seidio. Not having used one I don't have personal knowledge; however, I do have and use a Seidio 2600 mAh battery and have found it to be awesome.
    12-20-10 11:10 PM

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-innocell-2600mah-extended-battery/8A37A5888.htm ??

Thos batteries on Amazon are about 2mm thicker than the seidio ones, and will not work with the commuter case. I've tried and its just too big. Gave it to my wife and she loves the battery though, even though the cover for it is cheap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rwil85 likes this.
    12-21-10 12:51 AM

thanks!
    I have SEIDIO holster/case combos (regular case and extended battery case, holsters for each are obviously different sizes) for the 9630 that fit the 9650 just fine. . Not cheap but have been worth the cost in my experience.

All available @
    non-cased device
    seidioonline.com

cased device
    seidioonline.com

seidioonline.com

seidioonline.com

Happy hunting.
    Last edited by mileaway; 12-21-10 at 04:51 AM.
    Rwil85 likes this.
    12-21-10 04:43 AM
    thanks guys..a lot of useful info here.

the fact that the amazon batteries are 2mm thicker and you can't use the otterbox commuter mod with those is disappointing..the battery should arrive either today or tomorrow I'm hoping and I might give it a shot. I'd hate to hack up a $30 case for no reason.

Also, the fact that the innocase extended case is $36 bucks and is technically for the 9630 is bothersome..i'm assuming the ports don't match up exactly..

when will they come out with some quality, extended fit cases for the 9650? christ.
    12-21-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD