12-31-08 02:44 PM
49 12
tools
    We already have a thread about the extended battery. Why the **** do we need another one? This forum gets worse and worse with people making 20 threads of the same subject.
    because none of them are about it being released numb nuts
    12-18-08 08:44 AM
    Since I haven't seen any good cradles that can sync a 2nd battery, does anyone know how quickly the original regular battery will lose its charge if kept out of the phone? I don't want to have to swap batteries every night just to make sure the 2nd one is charged if I don't use it for a couple of days.
    12-18-08 08:45 AM
    We already have a thread about the extended battery. Why the **** do we need another one? This forum gets worse and worse with people making 20 threads of the same subject.
    This thread actually helped me realize it was out. I stopped following the other one after it got so big and had posts with nothing to do about the battery being released.
    12-18-08 08:46 AM
    I wonder if this battery will help with the clicking problem many people experience because I got a Seido extended battery for my old pearl and it was *slightly* thicker making the battery door less wiggley.
    12-23-08 01:34 PM
    For those who need more power than what Seidio standard size extended battery can offer, Seidio is working on a bigger and more powerful battery for storm. It provides up to 90% more power than stock battery and it will require a new door. We hope we can release this extended battery late next week.

Seidio

Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-31-08 at 03:57 PM.
    12-23-08 02:46 PM
    For those who need more power than what Seidio standard size extended battery can offer, Seidio is working on a bigger and more powerful battery for storm. It provides up to 90% more power than stock battery and it will require a new door. We hope we can release this extended battery late next week.

Seidio
    How much heavier will this make the device?

Also...what cases/holsters will this new door fit in?
    12-23-08 03:17 PM
    because none of them are about it being released numb nuts
    Who cares if it talks about it being released...its talking about the battery right?

So if you got punched and bruised, do I make a new thread each time you got a bruise?
    12-23-08 03:22 PM
    I just don't have a battery life issue. (Since the first week.)
    12-23-08 03:23 PM
    I have to ask.....

If Seido can do 1600mAh in an OEM size, why doesn't RIM just release it with a 1600mAh to begin with? Ya know...
    12-23-08 03:26 PM
    Think we can get one that's one business card thicker to kill 2 birds with one stone. LOL
    12-23-08 03:41 PM
    Think we can get one that's one business card thicker to kill 2 birds with one stone. LOL
    perhaps that extra business card-like thickness could give us an additional 2%?
    12-23-08 04:08 PM
    After pulling an 18hr business trip including golf & having to share an electrical outlet @ CVG w/ an ipod (yuk), I'm buying it. I will also buy the bigger extended battery when it comes out even if it means another belt case. I hate having a dead battery.
    12-23-08 04:56 PM
    I have to ask.....

If Seido can do 1600mAh in an OEM size, why doesn't RIM just release it with a 1600mAh to begin with? Ya know...
    Ya know buddy? I'd have to agree with you man...
    12-23-08 04:58 PM
    I have to ask.....

Ya know buddy? I'd have to agree with you man...
    Because that is called marketing and business tactics. They release a battery with less mAh and release a new battery with higher mAh. So those who feel the original battery is inefficient, will have to spend more money on a new battery.
    12-23-08 05:10 PM
    I have to ask.....

JRSC,

It's a matter of cost...

RIM is in the business of selling phones...not batteries. Because they have to supply a battery with the phone, they go out and purchase these from a third party. Remember that they're not interested in giving you the maximum capacity they can in the available space, but need to keep the cost down to help subsidize the carriers. They purchase the least expensive battery they can that will meet their minimum specifications.

Seidio's business is batteries, so we go out to find the highest capacity Japanese cells we can to squeeze as much juice out of our batteries as possible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    12-29-08 02:43 PM
    ^Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more updates in then next few weeks from you.
    12-29-08 03:13 PM
    JRSC,

It's a matter of cost...

RIM is in the business of selling phones...not batteries. Because they have to supply a battery with the phone, they go out and purchase these from a third party. Remember that they're not interested in giving you the maximum capacity they can in the available space, but need to keep the cost down to help subsidize the carriers. They purchase the least expensive battery they can that will meet their minimum specifications.

Seidio's business is batteries, so we go out to find the highest capacity Japanese cells we can to squeeze as much juice out of our batteries as possible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ok, now how about a pod that can squeeze in a 2nd battery to charge..
    12-29-08 04:31 PM
    I received the Seidio standard extended battery the other day and per the instructions I let it charge for at least 8 hours. I can tell you I absolutely see a difference in my battery life based on my average day to day use. Seidio claims about a 15% increase in battery life. The instructions also say that it needs acouple of charge and discharge cycles to get it up to max performance. So I'll need a few more days to get a good idea on it's performance. I personally was just looking for something that would easily get me to the end of the day. And I believe this battery should do the trick.
    12-29-08 06:38 PM
    what did you do to adjust the battery life. turn the screen down??
    12-29-08 07:26 PM
    perhaps that extra business card-like thickness could give us an additional 2%?
    I received the new 1600 Seido battery today & just installed it. I had to remove 1 of the 2 business cards I had in to make it fit! Maybe it's time to find the thread & jack around with the "magic screen screws"?
    12-29-08 08:57 PM
    I had an extended battery from Seidio for my HTC Touch. I loved it. But the thickness was slightly different. Not enough to make a difference on whether the battery cover fit or not, but it was slightly different. I would love to hear from someone that has this battery for the storm whether or not the thickness is the same. I wonder this because I was one of the lucky ones whose screen works just fine with no adjustments. I tried the business card trick to see what difference it would make, but the extra thickness made my screen unclickable. I just wonder if this battery will affect the click of the screen or not.
    12-29-08 10:36 PM

If you have a downloaded movie, you just need to drag and drop into your memory card

I tried dragging my movies into my sd card but it won't open?
    12-29-08 11:16 PM
    here it is:

available for preorder shipping out dec. 23rd. It's $45 but only extends it 15% stock size though so bulging back replacement.

Who's getting it?
    It means 15% capacity but not volume. So NO door replacement.
    Read:

This Innocell extended battery provides up to 15% more capacity in the same size package. It is a great replacement with more power than the original.

- 1600mAh - Up to 15% more capacity than the original
    - High quality Japanese cells

- Fits in existing space so no replacement door is needed
    12-30-08 02:09 PM
    Seidio just released 2600 mah extended battery for Blackberry storm ! This extended battery provides up 90% more battery than the battery that comes with Storm.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12-31-08 at 02:46 PM.
    12-31-08 02:44 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD