Crackberry addicts obviously have issues with being separated from their devices. I am so used to having my Bold 9650 at my side that I neglected to take it off my hip while playing a round of golf last week. My phone left me in the middle of the eighth fairway. Just the way I was riding in the cart must have been exactly right to remove my beloved BB from its Otterbox Defender holster. Being the careless and neglectful owner I am (one of the many reasons I opt for the Defender Series) I didn't notice my phone was missing until the 13th tee. I immediately stopped my round and found internet access (don't ask me how...) and activated Blackberry Protect. I did not have my device's GPS turned on for battery's sake, but I was able to lock, display an "If Found" message, and turn on the "Loud" profile. Two hours of searching yielded fruitless, or more specifically, berry-less. I made it home and switched to back-up berry. Four days later I received a call from the pro shop. My Bold had been found. I raced over to get it feeling anxious about the shape it could be in after being exposed to weather, dust, sprinklers and...gulp, MOWERS. To my relief, my phone was in great shape! No moisture indicators had been activated. After a few hours on the charger I was able to switch back to my everyday device. Thank you Otterbox for a wonderful product in the Defender Series. Thank you RIM for Blackberry Protect!
    beamolite, Crisdean and Spencerdl like this.
    10-10-11 02:17 PM
    Glad to hear it! Does that feature button covers as well and if so can you open the flap for volume control and 3.5mm headphone jack separately? Thinking of getting a protection for my Beryr as well in case I drop it.
    10-10-11 08:02 PM
    Glad to hear it! Does that feature button covers as well and if so can you open the flap for volume control and 3.5mm headphone jack separately? Thinking of getting a protection for my Beryr as well in case I drop it.
    I'll pipe in cris, I have the Commuter which works well for us pocket packers. And yes it has individual flaps for each port on the left side. Very happy with it so far. And it seems to feel better holding and texting, at least for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 10:15 PM
    I'll pipe in cris, I have the Commuter which works well for us pocket packers. And yes it has individual flaps for each port on the left side. Very happy with it so far. And it seems to feel better holding and texting, at least for me.

Hi albee. Many thanks for that! Will check their website. The defender looks nice but the commuter looks nice as well. Will see if I find reviews on youtube. Does it feel bulky in trousers?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-11-11 04:49 PM
    The Defender would be pretty tough to carry around in your pocket. it does add a substantial bit of mass to the device. It comes with a pretty durable belt clip that makes it nearly impervious to dust though.
    Crisdean likes this.
    10-11-11 06:05 PM
    The Otterbox for my 9650 and PlayBook give me a piece of mind. Thru countless amount of drops, bumps, dings, ect. the otterbox and equipment has continued to function flawless. Outstanding protection that allows me to sleep good at night.
    BBMM likes this.
    10-12-11 04:32 PM
    I just took advantage of the "noservice" coupon at shopcrackberry to grab a charging cradle and Otterbox for my Playbook.
    10-13-11 03:23 AM
    I have the commuter series and defender series for my curve I like both of them and never doubted there protection the only problem I've had with my commuter case was that the earbud plug tore off but otterbox replaced it right away very good customer service

10-13-11 11:24 AM
    The otterbox for the torch 9810 does more harm than it does good.
    It chipped two pieces of paint of of my bezel and when it slides down it marks up the silver lining so yea i doubt otterbox for that series
    10-15-11 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD