10-29-09 06:22 PM
36 12
tools
    Here's the response I got back from the seller:
    I will check with our supplier on this issue and see if we can get a workaround or it is an error in our listing

I will need to get back to you
    DC
    They must have changed the listing because the "Will maintain Blackberry's 'sleeper' function," I put in my review was a direct copy/paste from the listing.

I wonder how feasible it would be to bore out a small hole and place a magnet in the holster... oh well, really not that big a deal for me.
    10-09-09 01:14 PM
    The magnet/sleeper function would be nice but for $10.00 is still a bargain without it.
    10-09-09 04:22 PM
    I'll stick with Seidio, but good to know there are alternatives for those looking for a lower cost holster.
    10-09-09 04:33 PM
    The magnet/sleeper function would be nice but for $10.00 is still a bargain without it.
    I have autostandby, so this is not an issue for me. I'm feeling the itch to get me this case :-)
    10-10-09 02:12 AM
    I added a sleeper magnet to my holster.

I had a spare OEM 8330 pouch sitting around, so I decided to sacrifice it for it's magnet (I could have used a different magnet, but I didn't want to risk getting too strong of one, if that's possible). There's a little bit of a recessed area on the inside of the holster, under the soft backing. I used a razor blade to cut back part of it, glued the magnet to the plastic, then placed the backing back down.

Works like a charm, and looks like it's supposed to be there.
    10-11-09 05:28 PM
    I added a sleeper magnet to my holster.

I had a spare OEM 8330 pouch sitting around, so I decided to sacrifice it for it's magnet (I could have used a different magnet, but I didn't want to risk getting too strong of one, if that's possible). There's a little bit of a recessed area on the inside of the holster, under the soft backing. I used a razor blade to cut back part of it, glued the magnet to the plastic, then placed the backing back down.

Works like a charm, and looks like it's supposed to be there.
    Can you post a pic(s)?
    10-12-09 12:13 AM
    Fits perfectly with the Seidio Snap!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chmb1; 10-12-09 at 07:29 AM.
    10-12-09 07:23 AM
    Here's a pic:

My Epik case catches on the bottom edge of the magnet just slightly. The magnet would have worked if I glued it to the other side of the holster, but that would have looked pretty bad since it's a silver magnet. I may decide to look for a slimmer magnet at a craft store, but this works just fine for now.
    Last edited by Troggie; 10-12-09 at 01:33 PM.
    10-12-09 12:26 PM
    Thanx for the pic> Looks very clean. You did good job.
    10-12-09 01:50 PM
    i'm still waiting on my holster from epik
    10-12-09 02:18 PM
    Firstly I want so say great review Troggie - everything you say is spot on.

I like the epik holster, but I'll be sticking with the oem holster.

One of the reasons I got the epik holster was because I thought that it would be easier/faster to get the phone in and out of with one hand.

Getting the phone out of the holster with one hand is a bit tricky. You raise the clip and use the thumb to push the phone out, and then you have to grab the phone and pull out and make sure you don't drop it (which I've almost done a few times). I find myself using both hands more often than not to get the phone out safely.

And I find that getting the phone into the holster with one hand is really tricky, especially if you are wearing a shirt that falls past and covers the holster. First of all, you have to be really careful to actually place the phone properly in the bottom brackets. Then you have to raise the clip and push the phone in and push the clip down snugly. I find that my shirt is often getting caught somewhere amongst the holster, phone and clip, and when I pull the material out, the clip often comes up and the phone can come loose.

In comparison, I can easily get the phone in and out of the oem holster with one hand, shirt hanging over it or not, and the phone never seems at risk of being dropped.
    10-29-09 06:22 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD