03-18-11 03:46 PM
610 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I am also interested in this case, but without the logos or designs on it.

Has anyone dropped their phone with this case on it, like on concrete? How did the case and your phone fare?
    I dropped my 8900 w/ Epik case on concrete a couple of times and recently dropped my 9700 w/ Epik case in a Target store - no damage to the phones or the Epik case in all incidents!

Prior to discovering the Epik, I had the Incipio Feather case on my 8900 and the case cracked when I dropped it...what a waste of $20!

BIG thumbs up to the Epik case!
    01-12-10 11:55 AM
    Finally caved in and bought one of these epik cases for the storm 2. I noticed that the case made it harder to insert the power cable and the earphone jack because the mold covers too much of both ports. The r/l soft buttons and volume rocker became harder to press too.

Anybody else have those problems?
    Yeah the original Epik cases w/ designs on the back have these problems. The PRO series is supposed to fix all those problems. I have the Pro series for my Tour & it fixes those issues. The edges used to come right up on the keypad making it hard to type, that is fixed b/c now it's almost barely even on the sides of the phone, lol. The charger port & headphone jack are cut out much bigger. Some buttons are still slightly hard to press, while others are super sensitive.
    01-12-10 12:37 PM
    I am also interested in this case, but without the logos or designs on it.

Has anyone dropped their phone with this case on it, like on concrete? How did the case and your phone fare?
    yep... dropped it twice.. ones on new years eve in a drunken state.. and once for fun...no damage whatsoever.
    01-12-10 01:39 PM
    Yeah the original Epik cases w/ designs on the back have these problems. The PRO series is supposed to fix all those problems. I have the Pro series for my Tour & it fixes those issues. The edges used to come right up on the keypad making it hard to type, that is fixed b/c now it's almost barely even on the sides of the phone, lol. The charger port & headphone jack are cut out much bigger. Some buttons are still slightly hard to press, while others are super sensitive.
    I guess I should have researched some more before purchasing. It's not a deal breaker or anything, just kind of a small annoyance.

Any Ideas when the storm 2 will be getting the pro series cases?
    01-12-10 04:53 PM
    I guess I should have researched some more before purchasing. It's not a deal breaker or anything, just kind of a small annoyance.
    I agree that it is slightly annoying...the tour had this problem too. but the only time i every have to take my case off is if i plug in the headphone jack into my car for music. i can charge my storm2 fine without removing the case.

for the price and the level of protection these cases offer, you can't beat it.

Any Ideas when the storm 2 will be getting the pro series cases?
    I havent gotten work on PRO's yet for the 9550 or 9700 but there are alot of requests for those 2 phones so I would assume fairly soon.
    01-12-10 05:16 PM
    I got my case yesterday and it's great, but I wish there was a charging pod I could use with it. But the case itself is awesome and fits perfectly, all cut outs match exactly, too, though some are big. The only other issue is that it makes it hard to press the mute/standby button and lock button. I also don't want to use my Blackberry pouch because it is such a tight fit it has to stretch out the pouch a bit, and I don't want to do that.

Justin shipped it lightning fast

ETA: With the case on, the 9700 fits perfectly into my old OEM Blackberry 8310 pocket. If I use it with the epik case off the 9700, the pocket is too loose on the phone and the phone falls out easily. Not so with the epik case on
    Last edited by Heifzilla; 01-13-10 at 03:08 PM.
    01-12-10 09:11 PM
    That's good to know, thanks.
    Anyone else knows if the 9700 with the new epik resin case fits into the charging pod and does actually charge?
    I tried it today using my brother's 9700 charging pod and it didn't fit properly.
    01-12-10 11:17 PM
    You don't get any more "reasonably priced" for a case than these........
    01-13-10 11:36 PM
    does anyone know if these will fit with invisible skins on? like the ZAGG invisible shield or the ghost armor or bestskinsever?
    01-18-10 04:03 AM
    Fits fine with my invisible shield. Taking the case off doesn't rip the IS off either, which is very good! haha.
    01-18-10 04:13 AM
    I have asked my distributor more than once about the PRO series for the 9700.

There is no estimated time for manufacturing at this moment.
    01-18-10 03:44 PM
    Hi all,

Another big shout out for Justins customer service. He Shipped three cases to me in Ireland with a warning that it could take weeks to get to me and I had them in 5 days. Not bad for low cost snail mail!!

Keep up the good work Justin and put me down for a couple of Pro series when they come out.

BenEadir
    Dublin
    01-18-10 07:04 PM
    Hi all,

Another big shout out for Justins customer service. He Shipped three cases to me in Ireland with a warning that it could take weeks to get to me and I had them in 5 days. Not bad for low cost snail mail!!
    WOW!

5 days to Ireland...that's interesting.

It doesnt make any sense, but it seems the slowest International shipping is to Canada....and they are right next door to us ?!?
    01-18-10 07:08 PM
    01-18-10 10:49 PM
    Yeah!!!

That is pretty cool. I just wish it had stayed at the top of the home page longer...got bumped down pretty fast today by all those blog posts.

It's all good. Got some exposure, and 15 members are gonna get hooked up !
    01-18-10 11:08 PM
    hey, justin.
    i just noticed that you pumped the price?
    it was 7.5 for one, and 12.5 for two.
    now it's 7.99 for one and 14.99 for two.
    I was about to order another 2 after getting my first black/smoke one. Now i hesitate.
    I probably go with the Hongkong guy on ebay for $5
    01-19-10 10:49 AM
    hey, justin.
    I was about to order another 2 after getting my first black/smoke one. Now i hesitate.
    I understand. He no doubtedly gets his product and all of his supplies ALOT cheaper in china than i can here in the USA.
    01-19-10 10:54 AM
    I understand. He no doubtedly gets his product and all of his supplies ALOT cheaper in china than i can here in the USA.
    I am willing to pay the original price that I paid couple of weeks ago. I think 12.5 for two is a good bargain. I love the black/smoke on my 9700. I am going to try other color varieties. but 14.99$ is way too much.
    shipping from Hongkong to Canada takes about 3 weeks, from you about 2 weeks.
    any thoughts to retreat?
    01-19-10 10:58 AM
    I am willing to pay the original price that I paid couple of weeks ago. I think 12.5 for two is a good bargain. I love the black/smoke on my 9700. I am going to try other color varieties. but 14.99$ is way too much.
    shipping from Hongkong to Canada takes about 3 weeks, from you about 2 weeks.
    any thoughts to retreat?
    my pricing on my website will stay as is. I appreciate your support of the product and understand that you may be able to find a slightly better deal somewhere. But I do believe that my customer service and mail speed (at least in the USA) make up for that. International orders are not at the same mail advantage as orders inside the USA I'm sorry to say.
    01-19-10 11:01 AM
    hey, justin.
    Of course, it is up to you and you should do whatever the best for you but.... $3 difference which is a cup of cheap coffee from Starbucks or 3 tacos from Taco Bell... I would much prefer going through somebody in the US. Not only that shipping is quicker, it is easier to get a hold of if there is any issue. As you see, he is always checking this thread to make sure all is ok. Can we ask more?
    01-19-10 12:10 PM
    I got my case in mail today finally. I have to admit that this is a wonderful hard rubber case and it fits my baby (9700) perfectly without taking away from its beauty. I highly recommend this case
    I just got a clear case and a smoked black case from my supplier in Los Angeles and I gotta say I am blown away.

These new cases do NOT have the old pattern and seem to have been made with a higher grade of plastic than the older ones. They LOOK LIKE A MILLION BUCKS ON MY PHONE!

An added benefit is that all the holes line up perfectly and there are no more power cord issues as was the case in the past.

I couldn't be happier!
    01-19-10 05:50 PM
    Speaking of the smoke black one, how does that look? I chose to get the clear one bc the older style Epik case in smoke black had a tint of brown.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 06:00 PM
    Are the PROS (i.e., no design) available anywhere in the US? If so, where?

Last edited by redbadger; 01-19-10 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spell
    01-19-10 06:05 PM
    Are the PROS (i.e., no design) available anywhere in the US? If so, where?

I have answered this question a few times...there are no pro cases available for the 9700 at this time....hopefully soon
    01-19-10 07:09 PM
    With as fast as you receive the cases from JustinD and as quick as he responds to questions/concerns, I'd say it's well worth the few extra bucks. I like the screen protector much more than the invisi-shield, which Best Buy is selling for $20!
    01-19-10 08:30 PM
610 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD