07-08-10 11:33 AM
62 123
tools
    Hey Justin I just received the case and it's great but each time I put it on it has air bulles on the back. How can I put it on so it doesn't leave any ?
    04-19-10 11:55 AM
    i am thinking about this coz the bodyglove I got doesn't have a magnet for lock on holster. Does yours have one?
    I don't see any pictures of the case on a phone . Can somebody please post theirs. Thanks much!
    04-19-10 01:37 PM
    ordered mine last night, cant wait to get it.
    04-19-10 05:32 PM
    I just got mine in the mail and LOVE IT. Much stronger than I thought and the feel is great. Not much bulk either. I highly recommend it!
    04-19-10 05:42 PM
    I saw this thread, the sale, the amazing feedback, and thought I had to jump on this!
    I picked up two "red label" cases (one blue, one green) for my 9700, and I thought I was getting a deal at $11.97 shipped.
    My package arrived today, and I have to say, I am 100% underwhelmed. They look and feel about as cheap as can be. The "red label" on the back of the green case is falling off, and the one on the blue case looks like it's next. The cut-outs for the ports look like they were cut by a 5 year old in Hong Kong, and the BB design on the back of the cases do not match up with the design on the back of the the device. The cases have sort of a two-tone look to them, with the portion that covers the back have having a frosted look, while the back half has a more clear look. It sounds cool, but looks (and feels) cheap and gross in person.
    The case covers the LED notification light. It doesn't really diminish its usability any, being that the front half of the case is see-through. But, really, couldn't that 5 year old taken an extra two seconds out of his or her day to but a an extra hole there too? It's just kind of bother some for some reason.
    People talk about a lack of tactile feedback when pressing the buttons on top of their devices while the Epik case is on. I find that to be very true. Especially with the green case on (not so much the blue case), I have to push the lock button two or three times, even mashing it down for it to register. I take off the case and the button works fine.

Overall, these cases are garbage. I don't know if it's the whole Epik line or just the "red label" ones, but I don't feel like I got a "deal" at all. But what can you really expect for $4.99 a pop...
    Last edited by thebokonist; 04-19-10 at 08:26 PM.
    04-19-10 08:24 PM
    I agree, these cases are extremely bad. Buttons dont work, and they broke my bezel on my last 9700. I will never buy these cases ever again
    04-19-10 08:43 PM
    I saw this thread, the sale, the amazing feedback, and thought I had to jump on this!
    I picked up two "red label" cases (one blue, one green) for my 9700, and I thought I was getting a deal at $11.97 shipped.
    My package arrived today, and I have to say, I am 100% underwhelmed. They look and feel about as cheap as can be. The "red label" on the back of the green case is falling off, and the one on the blue case looks like it's next. The cut-outs for the ports look like they were cut by a 5 year old in Hong Kong, and the BB design on the back of the cases do not match up with the design on the back of the the device. The cases have sort of a two-tone look to them, with the portion that covers the back have having a frosted look, while the back half has a more clear look. It sounds cool, but looks (and feels) cheap and gross in person.
    The case covers the LED notification light. It doesn't really diminish its usability any, being that the front half of the case is see-through. But, really, couldn't that 5 year old taken an extra two seconds out of his or her day to but a an extra hole there too? It's just kind of bother some for some reason.
    People talk about a lack of tactile feedback when pressing the buttons on top of their devices while the Epik case is on. I find that to be very true. Especially with the green case on (not so much the blue case), I have to push the lock button two or three times, even mashing it down for it to register. I take off the case and the button works fine.

Overall, these cases are garbage. I don't know if it's the whole Epik line or just the "red label" ones, but I don't feel like I got a "deal" at all. But what can you really expect for $4.99 a pop...
    wow, i'm sorry you felt that way I am sending you a PM with a question or two....

I agree, these cases are extremely bad. Buttons dont work, and they broke my bezel on my last 9700. I will never buy these cases ever again
    I'm not sure how it could break your phone ? it is a flexible resin/plastic material ?? Did something happen when putting it on or taking it off ?
    04-19-10 10:33 PM
    For the type of case it is, the Epik resin is the best I have used. I have an Otterbox defender, but I prefer to use the Epik. Yes they are NOT in the same class, BUT the Epik, feels better in my hand, protects the device well, works great with it's companion holster, AND looks pretty good too.
    04-19-10 10:50 PM
    For the type of case it is, the Epik resin is the best I have used. I have an Otterbox defender, but I prefer to use the Epik. Yes they are NOT in the same class, BUT the Epik, feels better in my hand, protects the device well, works great with it's companion holster, AND looks pretty good too.
    thanks PK....

I think you have to put these in the category of those rubber skins that so many people seem to use.

And if you compare epik cases to those rubber skins, i believe epik cases have alot of advantages....

-usually cheaper (although you can find extremely cheap rubber skins too, but they are usually very thick and do not fit the best)

-wont collect lint in your pocket like the rubber skins

-wont stretch out over time like the rubber skins

-epik cases have a more appealing look with the variety of colors & patterns

there may be more, but that's just off the top of my head.
    04-19-10 11:22 PM
    justin- just got my logo and rl for the 9700. they are made a little bit different than my circle case. the side buttons are easier to press and are more sensitive (in a good way). also they cover more of the phone along the screen and by the earpiece. were these changes done purposely or not? also thanks for the great service
    04-19-10 11:57 PM
    With the case on my phone, the side buttons couldnt be pressed and neither could the top. And once I got the case on, I immediately took it off because it would never work, and when the case was on my phone wouldnt even turn on!! But when I took it off, it decided to take the top part of my 9700 (Where the standby/lock buttons are) off.
    04-20-10 12:57 AM
    I want to thank Justin for an excellent buying experience. Ordered mid day on Tuesday - 2 Storm2 cases and 2 iPhone4 cases and got them in two days! Look awesome.

Starting with the Black one on the Storm2 and it is a bit a thicker than the Case-Mate Barely there I was using, but I think it will provide more protection for it.
    07-08-10 11:33 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD