I received the Epik case for my Tour 9630 from eBay and I only have one concern. When in the case, the phone seems to enter some kind of sleep/standby mode where I have to hold in a button to turn the screen on and/or access any functions.

When it's out of the case, I can just tap any button and the screen lights, but in the case I have to hold the button down for a few seconds to wake the phone up.

Ideas? Or is this normal?
    12-13-09 09:16 AM
    I thought it was just me. It's driving me crazy.
    12-13-09 10:15 AM
    Im on a Storm2 now, but my Tour never did that and I used the epik cases with it.
    12-13-09 10:43 AM
    I thought it was just me. It's driving me crazy.
    Glad it's not just me! I feel like the case is holding down a button, I just can't figure out which one.
    12-13-09 12:32 PM
    Im on a Storm2 now, but my Tour never did that and I used the epik cases with it.
    Same here. I had the Epik case for my 8900 and it never did that either.
    12-14-09 11:03 PM
    I haven't had this issue. Is it holding the Mute key down, making it enter standby?
    12-15-09 01:29 AM
    boy i hope they didn't make a new batch of these with that issue i lost my phone & epik case last week and am waiting for two new cases in the mail my old one was fine for the tour
    12-15-09 11:10 AM
    I have an Epik case and never had this issue.
    12-16-09 12:22 PM
    No issues with my Epik on my S2 And I LOVE it!
    12-16-09 12:51 PM
    I've never had this problem with any of the Epik cases that I have. I tried holding down some of the buttons to simulate that kind of issue, but can't duplicate your problem.

The only other thing I can think of is if it's squeezing your Tour too tightly and causing some kind of internal connection problem.
    12-16-09 01:01 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is if it's squeezing your Tour too tightly and causing some kind of internal connection problem.
    That's what I think, too, more than it holding down a specific button. I can't duplicate the issue with the case off by holding down any button/combination of buttons and the screen doesn't change and/or flash a message like it does when you enter Standby Mode normally, so I'm still clueless.
    12-16-09 04:43 PM
    Interesting development...

I'm only having this issue with my black Epik case. The clear one works fine. Weird!
    12-16-09 10:39 PM
    I think I solved my own problem. The black case was holding down the right side convenience key half way, enough to make the screen light, but not enough to turn on the camera.

I guess the phone has a safety to put itself into standby/sleep mode instead of draining the battery by keeping the screen on while the button's being held in.

I just took a scissor/exacto knife and cut out the little oval covering that button and the problem seems to have gone away.
    12-16-09 11:00 PM
    Interesting development...

I'm only having this issue with my black Epik case. The clear one works fine. Weird!
    Did you buy these from me or from Hong Kong on eBay ?
    12-19-09 01:15 PM
    I think I solved my own problem. The black case was holding down the right side convenience key half way, enough to make the screen light, but not enough to turn on the camera.

I guess the phone has a safety to put itself into standby/sleep mode instead of draining the battery by keeping the screen on while the button's being held in.

I just took a scissor/exacto knife and cut out the little oval covering that button and the problem seems to have gone away.
    is yours the epik PRO case? there 6.99 no pattern on the back...my old one had no problems just got new one in and i'm getting the same issue ur talking about PLUS when i'm typing just about every other character i type doesn't register and it only happens with the case on I woulda rather had charging port being misaligned then these issues
    12-25-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD