Hi,

I am form India. I got this BB 9700 (used only for a few days) from Dubai. When I tried using this phone in India with Vodafone, I was able to use Voice calls and Text Messages. But the browser, email and BBM services etc. are not working. Of course, I have taken a data plan also from my service provider, i.e. Vodafone. However, the word 'edge' on the BB screen appears in lowercase.

When I checked with Vodafone in Delhi, they said this handset is blocked for BIS.

On checking the MEPD, the device is showing all the entries, i.e. SIM = Disabled, Network = Disabled, Network Subset = Disabled, Service Provider = Disabled, Corporate = Disabled.

My question is when everything is showing as disabled, and also I am able to use the phone for voice calls as well as texting, why am I not able to use the data services. I have subscribed to data plan from Vodafone, let me mention it again.

Further, on pressing the EACE (with alt key pressed), I get to see the Vendor ID as 120 that means the original carrier is Vodafone UK if that helps you.

Let me also mention that when I take my SIM out of this phone and put in another BB device, EDGE appears in uppercase and all the services workfine. That means the data plan is OK.

If the device is unlocked (as per MEPD) and the services on the SIM are also ok, then why am I not able to use the BB device to its full potential ?

Please let me know if you can help me ?

Regards / Madan
    04-22-11 12:36 AM
    Try checking IT policies
    Options>> status>>type buyr (without alt)
    See it IT policies are disabled

And do this
    1. Connect bb to pc
    2. Locate Loader.exe using command prompt
    3. On command type Loader.exe /resettofactory >> enter
    4. This will reset all policies and BES/ BIS settings

If still facing problem....
    Talk to Vodafone reps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 01:24 AM
    edge in lowercase letters means you are not getting an active BIS connection. since you said you spoke to Vodafone and they said the PIN is blocked, that means the phone was reported lost or stolen and the PIN was blacklisted. therefore, you wont be able to get the phone registered for BIS data. it will only be able to make calls and SMS unless you can get the carrier or RIM to unblock the PIN. this has nothing to do with the phone being unlocked or on an IT policy. who or where did you get this phone from in Dubai? you are probably out of luck unless you can track down who blacklisted it and have them contact the carrier or RIM to have it removed, but chances are this wont happen.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-22-11 at 02:08 AM.
    04-22-11 02:06 AM
    Hi,

I had bought it from an acquintance in Dubai (who's no longer in touch). I don't think it should be a stolen or lost phone, because I have the complete packaging with it.

Do you think writing to the original vendor (ID being 120) Vodafone with the PIN requesting them to unblock it may help ? Or is there some other (unofficial) way to make it work ?

Regards / Madan
    04-23-11 03:42 AM
    Hi,

I had bought it from an acquintance in Dubai (who's no longer in touch). I don't think it should be a stolen or lost phone, because I have the complete packaging with it.

Do you think writing to the original vendor (ID being 120) Vodafone with the PIN requesting them to unblock it may help ? Or is there some other (unofficial) way to make it work ?

Regards / Madan
    That won't happen

The PIN and IMEI must be released by the previous owner of the device. Carriers cannot and will not do this.

04-23-11 06:11 AM
    Oh, as I said the seller is no longer available to me. Any other way out ? Anyways, how cane the seller (if traced) release the PIN. Can u pls elaborate the steps involved ?

Rgds, Madan

04-23-11 03:43 PM
    OR, the original user has an unpaid bill from his provider so they blocked it. If that's the case, you need to pay the balance or get a different phone.
    04-23-11 08:16 PM
    OR, the original user has an unpaid bill from his provider so they blocked it. If that's the case, you need to pay the balance or get a different phone.
    But unfortunately the original user is no longer available to me, so I don't know how much money is owed to whom. I don't mind paying the balance as I really like this phone. Pls revert with the options.

04-25-11 10:58 AM
    Pls revert with the options.
    You've already been given the ONLY options available.

The phone has been PIN-blocked for BIS. There are two reasons for this, either:-

1) The phone has been reported lost or stolen, or
    2) The device PIN/IMEI has not neen deprovisioned.

Only the original owner can help you. If you can't get hold of them... sell it

04-25-11 11:11 AM
    I have the same problem how do i remove the enterpriser software from the device so i can set up my bis email
    04-25-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD