*** I realize I should be using the Blackberry provided chargers, but I'm still checking on the below problem ***

Purchased a generic charger accessory kit on Ebay (includes Car/Wall charger and USB cable) specifically for the Blackberry Curve 8300. When plugging in the wall charger at work, the plug icon shows for about 3 seconds and then disappears. The car charger works fine. The specs on the charger are:
    Model: KY-02 <IC>
    Input: AC110-220V 50/60Hz
    AC10mA
    Output: DC5.5V+-5%
    DC200~330mA
    Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work (with the exception that I should be using Blackberry chargers)?

I can still charge my device via my computer through the USB port and also at home through my original Blackberry issued wall charger...

Any info would be great...

Thanks
    Ben
    01-12-10 02:11 PM
    The output voltage is cr@p. It should be 5.0 volts DC not 5.5 volts DC. Also the 330ma output is low, my OEM BB charger puts out 700ma. The USB port on a computer outputs 500ma, that's why it will charge your BB, but it takes longer.

Try to get a refund for your eBay purchase. Hopefully, it wasn't a $1 item with the bulk of the price in (non-refundable) shipping charges.
    01-12-10 02:38 PM
    Thanks Xliderider!
    01-12-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD