Ok, I kept my storm in my pocket with no case and it became loaded with dust, I just got a replacement and am wondering what anyone finds to be the slimmest dust resistant case for this thing?
    04-29-09 10:42 AM
    Maybe what you want is a holster or some kind of a case that clips to your belt or some such.
    04-29-09 10:44 AM
    Nope, I want to keep it in my pocket. I have a 2 year old who likes to grab at those hip attachments and I personally feel like they make you look like you are wearing a Batman Utility Belt.

I'm just looking to find what case/skin/pouch/sock people have found to provide best dust protection
    04-29-09 10:54 AM
    I don't think you're going to find any, because to prevent dust from getting in there, they'd have to at least partially obstruct the screen. What you may want to consider is more of a sleeve than a case if you want to keep it in your pocket. Still won't prevent dust, which can find its way even into completely sealed things like watch faces and car dash displays, but should dramatically reduce it.
    04-29-09 11:01 AM
    i am OCD and the dust under the screen bugs the crap out of me. My last storm hand dust right in the middle of the screen. I just got the Otterbox because it covers the whole storm. The screen protecter is a little wierd because it clings to the strom screen and you have this look of water under the screen, but you can only see it when the phone is off. Alot of people cut out the screen because of it but i would prefer this to having dust under the screen again.
    04-29-09 11:24 AM
    i am OCD and the dust under the screen bugs the crap out of me. My last storm hand dust right in the middle of the screen. I just got the Otterbox because it covers the whole storm. The screen protecter is a little wierd because it clings to the strom screen and you have this look of water under the screen, but you can only see it when the phone is off. Alot of people cut out the screen because of it but i would prefer this to having dust under the screen again.
    I had that issue, the "oily/watery" look under the screen. Simple solution:

Take the case off, clean your Blackberry screen however you choose. Just get all the dust off. Then, take your finger and rub it up and down the underside of the screen cover (the side that actually touches the Storm's screen). Yes, I'm telling you to take your dirty, unwashed finger and rub it on the underside of the screen cover membrane. Make sure to go up and down, and cover the whole screen.

Pop the sucker back on, and bam! The oily/watery look ought to have vanished. Unless you hands were covered in some nasty filth, you won't even see any fingerprints on the screen cover either. Your fingers' natural oils coat the screen cover membrane and prevent that oily look. It actually looks perfect if you do it right.

For the record, I received this tip from the Otterbox people themselves, when I emailed to ask what I can do about the oily/watery look.
    04-29-09 11:42 AM
    This is awesome!! I have been looking for a solution to this because i didnt want to cut the screen protecter out cause the whole reason i went with the Otterbox was to keep the dust out. Thanks Alot!
    04-29-09 12:17 PM
    I have the otterbox too and was wondering about that , I must have spent a half hour one day with my screen wipe cloth trying to get rid of that
    04-29-09 12:22 PM
    I had that issue, the "oily/watery" look under the screen. Simple solution:

Take the case off, clean your Blackberry screen however you choose. Just get all the dust off. Then, take your finger and rub it up and down the underside of the screen cover (the side that actually touches the Storm's screen). Yes, I'm telling you to take your dirty, unwashed finger and rub it on the underside of the screen cover membrane. Make sure to go up and down, and cover the whole screen.

Pop the sucker back on, and bam! The oily/watery look ought to have vanished. Unless you hands were covered in some nasty filth, you won't even see any fingerprints on the screen cover either. Your fingers' natural oils coat the screen cover membrane and prevent that oily look. It actually looks perfect if you do it right.

For the record, I received this tip from the Otterbox people themselves, when I emailed to ask what I can do about the oily/watery look.
    wow and this whole time I thought it was my greasy finger prints causing this HA HA HAAAA

Great advice BTW i just did it and no more water/oil look at all Thanks!!!
    Last edited by djzachtyler; 04-29-09 at 12:35 PM.
    04-29-09 12:25 PM
    Just for reference, here is the entire email I received. The finger-rubbing worked perfectly for me, but give the others a try if you need to.

Update for Case #38306 - "Air/Oil under screen cover"

I am going to give you a few different solutions and one of them is different, but has been known to work for the iPhone cases.

1. Take the phone out of the case. You will want your hands to be clean, but not just washed. You want to take the palm of your hand and press it lightly on the front panel of the otterbox (the part that would touch the phone). It seems like there might be finger prints that would show on the screen of your phone, but they do not. The natural oils of your skin should help with the oil/bubble look on your screen.

2. To remove the "oil spill" look on your iPhone 3G's screen, follow these simple directions:

1) Fill a glass with about 10oz of water.
    2) Put ONE DROP of dish soap into the water and stir.
    3) Dip the tip of your finger into the water solution and then rub just a LITTLE on the screen of your device. Remove any excess water.
    4) Place your OtterBox onto the device and smooth out the bubbles by GENTLY rubbing a credit card over the top of the screen.

If you follow these directions, you should completely get rid of the "oil spill". Some people have said that simply rubbing your finger on the inside of the screen membrane works as well. Doing this and then smoothing out the screen with a credit card is another option.

Please feel free to email me to let me know how these work or if they don’t.

Thank you!

Natasha Meggenberg
    04-29-09 12:31 PM
    Nope, I want to keep it in my pocket. I have a 2 year old who likes to grab at those hip attachments and I personally feel like they make you look like you are wearing a Batman Utility Belt.

I'm just looking to find what case/skin/pouch/sock people have found to provide best dust protection
    Oh boy. Batman was cool. Just put a cape on your two year old and yourself
    call your 2yr old Robin and be done with it.
    Now there......................
    to the OP, before I forget, the otterbox does make the phone a little bulky, but does also make it damn near explosion/2 year old proof as a tesament to this last friday I got in a horrible accident, my bb hit the dash with the force of a shot gun, it would have been decimated if it were not for the otterbox!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD