Fashion designers still seem to ignore the ubiquity of cellphones even in this day and age. Occasionally, a well known designer has released a case for the hottest "fad phone" such as Coach did a few years ago for the RAZR, but there has been little support for the BlackBerry from the fashion accessories world. Women seeking accessories for their Berry had been limited to "pinked out" versions of male oriented solutions.

Enter Dooney & Bourke. World renown for their expensive, yet tasteful and durable leather goods, they have released a line of cases for the BlackBerry Pearl series. This review focuses on the Dooney & Bourke Logo Wristlet in white, a birthday gift I have purchased for a good friend of mine.

As you can see, it is a horizontal style case with a magnetic flap. The exterior is a woven synthetic, then coated and textured. The signature logos are printed in vivid colors and tastefully applied to the entire exterior of the case. All edges are sealed with resin to prevent fraying and liquids from permeating between the nylon exterior and leather interior. The left end of the case is slightly cut away to allow for easier extraction of your Berry from the case as well as attempt to expose your notification LED without compromising protection. The opposite end features a brass loop for attaching the included lanyard and is tastefully secured with a brass rivet.

With the flap open, you can see the soft, leather construction used on the interior of the case. Inside, you will find a sky blue woven microfiber lining to help protect your Berry from scratches. The flap is reinforced with a polymer card to maintain stiffness while magnets are used to keep the flap closed. The magnets DO put the phone into standby mode when it is closed. A pocket is built into the front, giving you a place to store club cards, business cards, cash, etc. Keep in mind the presence of the magnets, so storing credit cards or newer style driver's licenses is not advised.

This case is made for BlackBerry, and therefore the fit is superb; slightly snug to prevent shifting within the case. Complete coverage prevents damage to your phone within your purse, satchel, bookbag or pocket and provides significant drop protection. The textured exterior gives good grip if you want to carry it as a wristlet, with the lanyard providing extra insurance from testing the case's impact resistance.

Available exclusively from T-Mobile, it sells for $24.99. Other colors, designs, and styles are also available. Verizon Wireless also has their own exclusive color combinations available. If you've ever experienced a Dooney & Bourke handbag or accessories, you'll know this is a bargain. At $24.99, it's an awesome deal for a quality, full coverage case, much less being from a designer label! Because of the higher end nature, very few outlets stock this case, and your best bet for finding one will be on the T-Mobile website. Other colors and designs also await you, ranging from $24.99 to $49.99. Guys, spoil your girlfriend, wife, sister, mom, etc. Women, spoil your Berry and look good doing it!
    Last edited by oakie; 07-06-08 at 10:14 AM.
    07-06-08 08:22 AM
    They need to make one to fit the curve!! I'd be ALL over it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 09:30 AM
    Yeah I would definitely buy one if they made one for the curve

07-06-08 09:40 AM
    Nice pictures.
    07-06-08 09:44 AM
    They have been out for a while. People have been talking about them in the forums. They used to be exclusive to Verizon when I bought my wife one.
    07-06-08 09:56 AM
    So in order for me to rock a D&B case, I have to give my money to TMo? I'll have to think abt that. The cost of the case is not an issue. All the cases I've bought recently have been over $50. My problem is TMo!

I think I'll look elsewhere for it. Nice write-up.

07-06-08 10:05 AM
    They need to make one to fit the curve!! I'd be ALL over it!!

Yeah I would definitely buy one if they made one for the curve

they do, but they're exclusive to Verizon: Enter your location

D&B Plaid Pouch: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=4gI4FT68

D&B Crosswords: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=NTSeBeYY

personally, i'm still holding out for a signature Prada case for my 8320.
    Last edited by oakie; 07-06-08 at 10:15 AM.
    07-06-08 10:09 AM
    Nice pictures.
    thank you!

all done with an old 4mp Konica-Minolta point 'n shoot on manual settings.
    07-06-08 10:17 AM
    Anyone seen one for the pearl by Brighton? Nice case, but I've been over Dooney for years.

07-06-08 10:23 AM
    I prefer Coach myself!

01-25-09 09:48 PM
    I love this! Wish they had it for the curve!

01-26-09 02:49 AM
    cant find this on the website..
    01-26-09 10:33 AM
    Only if LV came out with one
    02-06-09 10:22 PM
    If LV came out with one it would cost more than the phone, can't see myself paying more for the case than the phone itself.
    02-07-09 09:46 PM
    These are beautiful! Nice to see some accesories geared towards the Ladies!
    03-18-09 03:52 PM
    i agree someone need to come out with the ultimate case for blackberry. people spend a lot of money on wallets and purses i hope someone can step up to the plate with a real case.
    03-22-09 07:18 PM
    My gf loves her Pearl's Vaja Balance case. It slips into any purse or bag easily, but looks stylish without being bulky. Vaja also makes a nice Classic Pouch for the Pearl in customizable color combos. Their quality is second to none.
    03-23-09 12:27 AM
    i agree someone need to come out with the ultimate case for blackberry. people spend a lot of money on wallets and purses i hope someone can step up to the plate with a real case.
    Here are a few.

No, I don't have any connection to Vaja. I don't have one of their cases either...yet. I want a Vaja almost as much as I want a Storm.
    03-23-09 07:24 PM
    coach for men with blackberrys would be nice.
    03-23-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD