12-25-09 08:44 AM
106 ... 345
tools
    Output: 5vdc, 500-700ma
    No Problem
    12-24-09 08:16 PM
    I think that Adambigge was referring to your entertainment electronics like you PS3, TV, DVD player and those types of electronics. Very few if any of them actually run on AC power directly. Most of them have power supplies in them that convert AC to DC power, typically 5VDC or 12VDC is the norm for internal voltages.

BTW thanks for digging this thread up from the grave.

Would that be why most electronics, Like my PS3 and XBox360, all have that ridiculously huge power block...thing on the power cord? I hate to say this, but I'm electronically ********, but this is starting to make sense now. As much as cpugeek infuriates me, this particular thread has been educational.
    12-24-09 09:19 PM
    CPUgeek, weren't you supposed to take a, SELF-IMPOSED, permanent BAN back on Oct. 28?? I'm just wondering why you're still here posting your 'know-it-all' non-sense and continuing to ruin the English language grammatically.

If you're not going to leave this forum, do us all a favor and post only questions and not solutions/advice/tips.

Thanks!
    12-24-09 09:44 PM
    this is a truly amusing thread......can't believe some people think that you can't charge your phone with your computer...lol....i do it all the time....why do you think a cable comes with the phone when you buy it to do this...(oh wait, they just put that cable in there for fun, i forgot, not function)
    12-25-09 01:49 AM
    Would that be why most electronics, Like my PS3 and XBox360, all have that ridiculously huge power block...thing on the power cord? I hate to say this, but I'm electronically ********, but this is starting to make sense now. As much as cpugeek infuriates me, this particular thread has been educational.
    Yeah that is what that typically large and always in the way box is, regardless of if it is hanging on the plug or in the the middle of the cord it is there. Now as wampart was pointing out there are items such as your vacuum cleaner that run on straight AC power. But 99% of your entertainment items are going to have a power supply that converts down to DC voltage.
    12-25-09 07:32 AM
    Thank you. I always wondered what that was.
    12-25-09 08:44 AM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD