SEIDIO makes a high capacity battery to replace the standard CM-2 battery and claims that it is the same size. I should have listened to what the Pearl users said about it being a more "snug" fit inside the battery compartment ... it's definitely bigger and won't allow the battery cover to close over it on the 8220 Flip

It looks like for now there is no high capacity battery for the 8220 yet unless you want to duct tape the battery cover on!

Now hopefully I can get my $45 back or sell it to a Pearl user for a small loss.
    12-09-08 10:00 AM
    isnt the pearl batt thesame as the flip?
    why wouldnt it fit?
    12-09-08 12:38 PM
    ya they use the same battery....
    12-09-08 12:44 PM
    Yes the Pearl battery is the same as the flip ... but SEIDIO offers a high capacity replacement for the Pearl where they claim it is the same size as the OEM battery ... it's not and the Flip battery cover won't close over it.
    12-09-08 01:35 PM
    Did you try asking them to the take it back, since you can't even close your phone with it?
    12-09-08 01:37 PM
    Yes I will ask them if they will refund it but they did not market it as a battery for the Pearl Flip, only the Pearl... Doesn't hurt to ask!
    12-09-08 01:47 PM
    Yes I will ask them if they will refund it but they did not market it as a battery for the Pearl Flip, only the Pearl... Doesn't hurt to ask!
    Come on, please don't make a bold post about not buying the battery when there's not one out for the flip yet. There's alot of new members on the site that see the topic without reading the thread. Seido and a couple other vendors are friends of this place, they give members here alot of exclusives and deals, in a situation like this it probably would have been best to contact them first, i'm sure they'll take it back...
    12-09-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD