02-09-09 12:34 AM
48 12
tools
    Here's a vid of using it in both landscape and portrait.

That phone has some serious click to it!!!!
    02-03-09 11:10 PM
    got my OB 2 days ago. it rules. I think it looks fine but then again I am not one of those weak minded idiots that is concerned about how my phone looks to others. My storm is now indestructible.
    Agreed. The OB transformed it into a BB ToughStorm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:55 AM
    Here's a vid of using it in both landscape and portrait.

It sounds like the screen is sticky.. Is that just the audio fooling me?
    02-04-09 07:56 AM
    Of course the Ob cases are not the best looking. But if you want protection for your phone they are second to none. I have had mine a couple of days and have had no typing issues at all. This case is not for everyone, If you dont like it dont buy it. If you want to protect your device this is the case for you.
    02-04-09 08:08 AM
    If you are watching a movie in landscape you can only watch it with the send key to the right. So in this scenario I am not able to highlight the close key. I have not tested it out on the keyboard yet. Customer service told me that they will have a redesign for those who are having a problem and will mail me one free of charge. She does not have a crystal ball but thought the solution would be shipped in 2 to 4 weeks.

I was afraid the case itself would be bulkier and look like a Thor case. It really doesn't. My other fear was that the audio would be muffled. Surprisingly it is not. You can listen to audio face up or down and it sounds the same. This was not the situation with the innocases that incidentally explode when dropped. (But they look purdy!!)

The quality of this case makes me want to give otter the benefit of the doubt. Of course if the solution is not acceptable, this case will go right back.
    02-04-09 12:16 PM
    Mines fine too all functions work
    02-04-09 01:08 PM
    I love mine. I was having trouble typing in landscape but if you flip it around it's much better. They are revising the case and sending me the new revision free.

As far as looks, I kinda like it. But for me it's all about the protection.

For those that commented on "I couldn't imagine typing with that in landscape'...

It actually gives teh phone a much better feel in landscape.

Ken
    02-04-09 01:32 PM
    I really wanted to keep and love this case but unfortunately it's going back. Some functions don't work for me. Some examples are the space bar, number lock, caps lock, symbol key, delete and close tab. I emailed Otterbox about my problems and their response was to try flipping the Storm around 180 degrees. This helps with some of the functions but then by doing this it introduces new problems with other keystrokes that I didn't have before.

The problem is the top case is too wide and covers up too much of the screen so it's difficult or impossible activating certain keys along the edges.

UPDATE: Otterbox's customer service is second to none! They're allowing me to keep my case and receive the redesigned case at no charge.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 02-06-09 at 12:07 PM.
    02-04-09 02:04 PM
    I have never had a case with a magnet. Is it normal for the phone to automatically go into vibrate mode when it is docked in the holster. It sometimes also vibrates then alerts at the same time. Any insight would be appreciated.
    02-04-09 03:51 PM
    Under sounds go down to "set ring tones/alerts" And make sure that you have "sound in holster' set to the way you want it on or off. There are also options under vibration to turn it on, off or, on in holster.
    02-04-09 04:15 PM
    Thank you. Crackheads are my friends.
    02-04-09 04:25 PM
    I had the same experience as Gadget Geek...very disappointed. Calling OtterBox now...

They should've waited till March like they were planning originally.

I lost most of my responsiveness on the screen completely. I text fairly quickly and this just won't work.

Truly a disappointment (the case, not the storm )
    02-04-09 04:35 PM
    They have been reading these threads. I just spoke with Harrison of OtterBox, he gave me the option to return (no cost to me) and get a full refund, or just wait it out and they will ship the replacement free.

I am waiting it out. Glad to see they are holding up their end of the bargain. Good folks there
    02-04-09 05:17 PM
    and its just **** ugly LOL sorry i had to, naked or I.S. for me!

I just saw your avatar and wanted to say go tigers!!! Im a big Tigers fan as well.
    02-04-09 06:05 PM
    They have been reading these threads. I just spoke with Harrison of OtterBox, he gave me the option to return (no cost to me) and get a full refund, or just wait it out and they will ship the replacement free.

I am waiting it out. Glad to see they are holding up their end of the bargain. Good folks there
    Me too. Its rare to find this level of service nowadays.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 02-06-09 at 12:10 PM.
    02-04-09 08:00 PM
    Kind of off topic, but for those with the OB, would it fit if you already have a skin installed, such as PhantomSkinz? I am currently using that and a holster but think this would be a better option in my line of work, firefighter/paramedic.

02-04-09 08:16 PM
    Kind of off topic, but for those with the OB, would it fit if you already have a skin installed, such as PhantomSkinz? I am currently using that and a holster but think this would be a better option in my line of work, firefighter/paramedic.

I dont think it well fit with a skin. Theres a video on youtube of a member from CB that shows the otterbox case and think he mentions that he had a skin possibly just a screen protector from phantomskinz. He tried to install the otterbox with it on but it made it to tight so he had to remove it.
    02-04-09 08:43 PM
    and its just **** ugly LOL sorry i had to, naked or I.S. for me!
    Word.

This thread could easily turn into a fight about the fraction of the population who feel the need to protect their prized cell phone from global thermo nuclear war with the ugliest case in the universe VS the rest of us who realize that after the missiles fall cell towers will be out anyways and all we can do with our Storm is watch the Babylon AD trailer.

02-04-09 10:53 PM
    Unfortunately I purchased my OtterBox case prior to the creation of this thread. My case is causing the exact same issues that the OP is complaining of. What I don't understand is how some people are not having this issue, when it seems clear that this is a design flaw and not a defect.

I too use landscape mode for all of my typing and I simply can't use this case - huge bummer! I'll be calling OB Monday to send it back.

Now I have to figure out what case to get instead...any ideas?
    02-07-09 09:23 PM
    the link in #4 showed a curve that looked like a shoe phone from the 80's. that thing was a brick. really could hurt someone with that

U G L Y
    02-07-09 09:32 PM
    Unfortunately I purchased my OtterBox case prior to the creation of this thread. My case is causing the exact same issues that the OP is complaining of. What I don't understand is how some people are not having this issue, when it seems clear that this is a design flaw and not a defect.

I too use landscape mode for all of my typing and I simply can't use this case - huge bummer! I'll be calling OB Monday to send it back.

Now I have to figure out what case to get instead...any ideas?
    Read this thread, may want to hold on to it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/otterbox-sale-147385/

They are redesigning it. A fix that worked for me in landscape is to flip the phone over. With the buttons to the right I couldn't type very well, with them to the left, just about perfect.

I love the case and once I get the revised one, should be the ticket.
    02-07-09 09:54 PM
    I just got my Otterbox and I love it... I had all my skinz off except for the battery door cover.. and I had to remove it to put it in the case. It's a freaking super case... Love the look of it.. looks like rugged case !!!

Some typing issues, but We'll see what they have to offer as a fix.

GREAT JOB OtterBox !
    02-08-09 10:46 PM
    I have the otterbox and I don't have any problems in landscape mode. I don't use landscape mode all that much, but when I do, no problems.

I love my Otterbox, using my phone at work is fun now!!
    02-09-09 12:34 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD