I just got my Bold and since it is my very first BB and obviously my most expensive phone purchase to date I want to baby it and so was wondering about the different cases. Obviously silicone cases are amazing since they are quite durable and do not scratch the Bold.

However, in a bad fall, the silicone rubber isn't really going to protect the bold from damage and so I was looking at hardcases.

The siedio innocase looks to be the best but my question is, does it scratch internally? Like does it move even slightly? Since it is hard plastic, I have known other devices to be scratched when housed in such casings and so am curious.

Thanks for the help. And if you can, does anyone know any other accessories I should get?

Im thinking about the charging pod for sure since i hate just leaving something plugged in. Do you guys know if it still charges when you have the rubber skin or something covering it?
    06-15-09 08:18 PM
    Yes - the innocase will scratch the bezel. No way around it. Charging pod will not work with any case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 09:23 PM
    Yes - the innocase will scratch the bezel. No way around it. Charging pod will not work with any case.

Been using the Innocase and now the Innocase 360 without a mark on my bezel.
    06-15-09 09:31 PM
    Sorry but as red. pointed out no matter how painstakingly slow you ease the Bold into the innocase it'll come up with faint scratches.

Honestly what do you mean to achieve with a hard-case? Hard cases only give moderate rush protection my friend. The average user will recommend a silicone case because I'd prefer shock absorbacy along with the slight bounce factor. I'd just recommend that you buy yourself Invisible Shield from Zagg and an OEM silicone case pairing and you'll never regret anything.

06-15-09 09:33 PM
    Kind of on topic....

does the charging pod scratch the phone at all?
    06-15-09 09:34 PM

I have no scratches on my Bezel whatsoever from using the Innocase 360. I guess there is a way around it
    06-15-09 10:19 PM
    I have no scratches on my Bezel whatsoever from using the Innocase 360. I guess there is a way around it
    I've never used the Innocase 360 and offered no opinion on it. The OP asked about the Innocase which I have used extensively. Yes - it will scratch the bezel over time (taking the case on and off). Also, why anyone would use the 360 is just beyond me. Why cover up the keypad and screen? A screen protector does its job and will never understand why someone would want to protect the keys.
    06-15-09 10:30 PM
    Kind of on topic....

does the charging pod scratch the phone at all?
    I've used the pod for about 3 months and no scratches on my black bezel.
    06-15-09 10:33 PM
    I've never used the Innocase 360 and offered no opinion on it. The OP asked about the Innocase which I have used extensively. Yes - it will scratch the bezel over time (taking the case on and off). Also, why anyone would use the 360 is just beyond me. Why cover up the keypad and screen? A screen protector does its job and will never understand why someone would want to protect the keys.
    Fair enough I misunderstood you, but they are literally the same case. Just one has a keyboard cover the other does not..... But I use the 360 cause it is total protection, and the grip from the keyboard makes typing easier for me. I mean to each his own. The general consensus with this case seems to be either people really love it, or really hate it. There just is no middle ground
    06-15-09 10:55 PM
    The only scratch I can attribute to the Innocase is one I caused in one of the two times I had to take it off for a physical battery pull. Fits snug, no movement at all.

06-16-09 03:27 AM
    If I get that invisible-shield and a silicone skin I can be safe from most, if not all, scratches/damage?

My biggest fear is one drunken night it'll fall from my hands and completely shatter in some parking lot or bathroom etc...
    06-16-09 03:42 PM
    I really don't understand the idea on putting the invisible shield on your phone.. It is like putting a wrapping paper on your phone.
    06-16-09 04:10 PM
    i've also used the innocase extensively on my phone, i've never had any scratches at all. if you continue to pull it off every day for batt pulls, yes you will get scratches, but i wouldnt say they were because of the case. i would say it was due to the friction "you" caused by pulling it off and on over and over again. if you are one that needs to pull the battery often, i would suggest downloading quickpull from the app store and call it a day.
    06-16-09 05:05 PM
    Well the guy who recommended it above made me want to check it out and so I went to their site and I think it's great. It is durable, see through and protects the phone without taking away from its appearance.
    06-16-09 05:06 PM
    I cant comment on any scratches to the bezel since I only had the case for a few weeks. But I can tell you that you have to be careful with the case becasue it might break. After using it for only a few weeks and hardly taking the phone out the case to do a battery pull the right bottom clip broke so the case no longer snapped together in that part. So if you do get the case be very careful how you take it off and dont take it off that much. I sitll really like this case though it was my favorite case out of all the cases I have tried. Seidio has offered to replace the case under the 6 month warrenty so Im just waiting for them to ship the replacement.
    06-16-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD