Ok I ordered the privacy screen protector 2 weeks ago and it came to my house today. So I took my old screen protector which was horrible and wanted to apply the new one onto my bold 9000 but i accidentally dropped it on the floor so it had pieces of hair and dust on it so I threw it away. I reordered a new one today but this time 2 of them just in case which will arrive in about 2 weeks and now I don't have a screen protector on my phone. I'm kind of paranoid about getting scratches on my phones screen so I wanted to know if I get any scratches on it will it appear when I apply the new screen protector?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 05:41 PM
    I've been using BSE (Best Skins Ever) for awhile now and find that they will hide most scratches on the lcd fairly well. Even smaller gouges will be less prominent. On the 9000, the outer lens is made out of plastic and scratches easily. I put one on a few weeks ago on a friends 9000 and it looked like new.
    Last edited by shfjcs; 04-23-10 at 06:29 PM.
    04-23-10 06:27 PM
    this doesn't really answer your question, but if you get dust/hair on your screen protector, you can get it all off with a piece of scotch tape so you don't have to toss it away. i use it to get rid of bits of dust that get caught between the screen and screen protector. works like a charm
    04-23-10 06:29 PM
    Oh really? Didn't know that before haha. Well the past is past but I will give that a try if that happens again with my new screen protector. Anyways back to what I was asking.....

04-23-10 06:45 PM
    Ok I ordered the privacy screen protector 2 weeks ago and it came to my house today. So I took my old screen protector which was horrible and wanted to apply the new one onto my bold 9000 but i accidentally dropped it on the floor so it had pieces of hair and dust on it so I threw it away. I reordered a new one today but this time 2 of them just in case which will arrive in about 2 weeks and now I don't have a screen protector on my phone. I'm kind of paranoid about getting scratches on my phones screen so I wanted to know if I get any scratches on it will it appear when I apply the new screen protector?

if yuhh find out please do let me kno am just as curious. . .
    04-23-10 11:51 PM
    Ok but first let's hope someone and hopefully has experienced this before answers my question clearly lol

Last edited by luqman24; 04-24-10 at 01:01 AM.
    04-24-10 12:36 AM
    I have the privacy protector on my 9630... it works great! I was sitting in my car and my BB fell in between the seat and the console. I went to get it out (very carefully without trying to scratch the screen or any other part) and of course I scratched the bezel on the left side (small scratch) and the privacy protector. I bought another privacy protector and when I went to remove the one on the screen I noticed the scratches DIDNT go thru. I was sooo relieved. So yes, I will be using the privacy protecter not only for privacy but for protection for the screen too. Hope this helps!
    04-24-10 05:31 AM
    I have the privacy protector on my 9630... it works great! I was sitting in my car and my BB fell in between the seat and the console. I went to get it out (very carefully without trying to scratch the screen or any other part) and of course I scratched the bezel on the left side (small scratch) and the privacy protector. I bought another privacy protector and when I went to remove the one on the screen I noticed the scratches DIDNT go thru. I was sooo relieved. So yes, I will be using the privacy protecter not only for privacy but for protection for the screen too. Hope this helps!
    I was curious about that , now that I know from your experience Im kinda relieved
    04-24-10 06:23 AM
    I meant like if the scratch was on the screen itself before I put on the screen protector. But is it actually possible to scratch the screen protector because on the piece of cardboard paper that's there before u open it, it says that its scratch proof and fingerprint proof yet I find some minor fingerprints on the previous screen protector after wiping it :s

04-24-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD