Just wondering, because im thinking the function key lockup may be somewhat due to screen protectors.
    01-13-10 09:04 PM
    You dont need any on the S2... The screen is made of glass so it's unscrachable...
    01-13-10 09:08 PM
    You dont need any on the S2... The screen is made of glass so it's unscrachable...
    Then explain the scratch that I got on my original storm.

And Bettermost, the "button issue" that you speak of is not present in the .428 OS, so that kinda rules the screen protector out of the equation.
    01-13-10 10:12 PM
    I have the a screen protector on just in case anything happens
    01-13-10 10:28 PM
    Yes as discussed in many threads, the screen is difficult to scratch but it is possible. I use an invisible shield. It does reduce sensitivity but the screen still works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 10:37 PM
    The Storm 2 actually comes with what I call a tear-away screen protector. I didn't notice this before I took it off. That white text plastic screen comes off separate from the screen protector. Look at it - there is a second layer ontop of the screen. Also, the small tab appears to be removable without removing the screen cover. Unfortunately the VZW rep yanked mine off trying to get that top plastic white lettering part off so I said just yank it because once its up it's done and you should get another one.
    01-13-10 10:46 PM
    I don't think the lockup is related to screen protecters based on the fact that the os upgrade seems to be a good fix. And also on the fact that I had the prob before and after I had a screen protector on. And on a side note the screen protector I'm using doesn't cover the function keys, only the display.
    01-13-10 10:48 PM
    I find it interesting that RIM does not sell a screen protector for the storm There must be a reason why.
    01-14-10 01:38 AM
    When I still had .320 I had no bottom button problems until I put a screen protector on it. Then I had the issue with bottom buttons not clicking while lying down or in the car cradle. I took the protector off and all my problems went away.

But as others said, it would appear .428 fixed that problem anyway. All I know is my problems were directly related to using a screen protector. And it was a phantom skinz not some cheap eBay skin.
    01-14-10 02:12 AM
    I find it interesting that RIM does not sell a screen protector for the storm There must be a reason why.
    apple is not seeling a OEM Protector
    Nokia is not selling a OEM protector,
    Samsung is not selling a OEM protector

etc etc etc they just leave the market and issues to someone else
    01-14-10 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD