Hey whats up everyone, I've been checking out the forums for quite a while and finally decided to join. I upgraded to the 8350i about a month ago and was to say the least, very disappointed. Everyone I talked to said that they had an echo on their end when I talked to them on the phone, or it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel. I took the phone back and got a replacement, same result. I also had the Otterbox on it and the echo seemed to get worse with the Otterbox. I only had the phone for about a week and went back to my i580. A friend of mine has the 8350i and absolutely loves it, and says that he hasn't had any problems since he got his replacement. I have been reading about the updates on here and it seems that most people are happy with it. I have been considering on getting another 8350i (as long as the bugs are worked out), but I would like to get the otterbox for it cause I work construction. So does anyone know or should I just wait a few months and see what else comes out.
    02-20-09 08:44 PM
    Seems the echo is hit or miss. I read a few posts here and on another forum where there was a response from Sprint saying that the Echo problem was going to be addressed in an upcoming update. Kind of made it sound like it had NOT been addressed in the latest release but would be forthcoming. I know this is maddening but I think eventually they will work out the major problems and this will be a decent platform. Patience is key, not that we should'nt keep the pressure on.
    02-20-09 09:02 PM
    According to Sprint the Echo effects phones purchased prior to 2/5/09. So according to them if you purchase one now it should be ok. The fix due out in March is supposed to address those out there that have not been swapped out. I too have the outter box case and I only have an issue with it on the phone. For that matter any case or skin on the phone does it. So I guess in short if you want it get it and if it echos wait until March for the update. On another forum someone posted a lengthy fix by merging the OS from Nextel and part of the operating system from TELUS. Given that its obviously a software issue. Im still hoping they get it out before March.
    02-21-09 09:22 AM
    02-21-09 09:24 AM
    The newer phones don't seem to have the echo problem. I got mine 2 weeks ago, no echo. I currently have mine in the Otterbox case and have had no complaints so far. Knock on wood!
    02-21-09 10:00 AM
    There's an article on the home page about the echo effect. There's a patch coming out in march sometime that should eliminate the problem. I wouldn't call it an "Otterbox" echo though. While the Otterbox doesn't help the issue any, it certainly isn't the root cause of it.
    02-21-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD