If my Storm is not in my hands and I am at my desk then it is in the Pod. It is also in the Pod all night, which got me to thinking - am I killing my battery this way?

I know I've been told that one way to help with a longer battery life is to almost completely discharge before plugging in to recharge. Certainly I can leave the Storm in the Pod with the Pod unplugged but what will this do to both the Storm and the Pod? Plus, this isn't the smartest idea if the Storm in Pod is now the bedside alarm clock.

What to do, what to do?
    06-12-09 09:21 AM
    If my Storm is not in my hands and I am at my desk then it is in the Pod. It is also in the Pod all night, which got me to thinking - am I killing my battery this way?

I know I've been told that one way to help with a longer battery life is to almost completely discharge before plugging in to recharge. Certainly I can leave the Storm in the Pod with the Pod unplugged but what will this do to both the Storm and the Pod? Plus, this isn't the smartest idea if the Storm in Pod is now the bedside alarm clock.

What to do, what to do?
    With the old battery's it was a good habit to drain it before a charge but with new battery's it doesn't matter. It will charge until it's full then cut itself off. No worry's!
    06-12-09 09:22 AM
    With the old battery's it was a good habit to drain it before a charge but with new battery's it doesn't matter. It will charge until it's full then cut itself off. No worry's!
    Theoretically

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 09:39 AM
    Your good. The battery will be fine.
    06-12-09 10:31 AM
    Plus, another point you had was the cradle... You can set the phone in the cradle and nothing will happen if the cradle is not plugged in. It won't treat yer phone any differently as being unplugged laying flat on the desk... with the exception of now it stands up on a pretty little chrome base. You can leave it in the cradle all day long and it won't affect your batt life at all... when it needs a charge, plug in the cradle.
    06-13-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD