I just received a Best Skin Ever for my 8130. On the instructions for applying the skin there is a note saying that because you have to use water that it may void your warranty. Any truth to this.
    02-15-08 10:39 PM
    It could, I have it on my curve and my pearl. I think you will be fine! Plus you have insurance....don't you?!?!

Click
    02-15-08 10:42 PM
    It could, I have it on my curve and my pearl. I think you will be fine! Plus you have insurance....don't you?!?!

Click
    I just got the phone and don't have the insurance but I plan on getting it within the next few days.
    02-15-08 10:45 PM
    Just make sure to get the insurance! Other then that you'll be fine!!!!

Click
    02-15-08 10:46 PM
    Thanks for your help.
    02-15-08 10:48 PM
    I just put on a BSE and it works great! One thing I would suggest is when you put the back piece on (the battery door), do it with the door off the BB, so you can squeegie out the water without it getting into the battery compartment. This is what I did.

Also, shake off as much of the water as you can before placing it on the BB. You might even just want to lightly brush the water/soap solution with a small paint brush.

But it works great and using a blowdryer on a low, warm (not HOT) setting sets the BSE fast!
    02-15-08 11:27 PM
    I just applied this skin to my phone (15 minutes ago). I've been blow drying it on low for a few minutes now. Is it better to wait the recommended 24 hours before turning my phone on?
    02-16-08 02:31 PM
    I turned mine back on about a 1/2 hour later. And I was off to Disneyland with it an hour after that with my BB in my jacket pocket and my BT headset on....held up great!
    02-16-08 11:13 PM
    They say that it MAY void the warranty to cover thenselves. If you soak the BB while installing the skin, and the little white sticker that is white gets wet, and shows water damage, then yes, it will void your warranty. I just put one on my phone, and all I did was dip the piece I was putting on in water, then shake all the excess off, and put tit on, one more tip I used is to wet the tip of the card(or whatever you use to squeege) so that it will slide easier, not damaging the outside of the skin!
    I love how clear and exact my BSE is, and it was very easy to install.
    Just take your time, and if you get a few small air pockets that just won't come out, don't worry about it, over the next day or so, the soap and water will dry and the bubble will disappear! Its a lot easier than It looks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-08 11:36 PM
    Once that tiny sticker under the battery remains white, and does not turn red, you should be fine...

In other words, don't submerge it in water...

02-16-08 11:38 PM
    They say that it MAY void the warranty to cover thenselves. If you soak the BB while installing the skin, and the little white sticker that is white gets wet, and shows water damage, then yes, it will void your warranty.
    This is the reason I actually took the battery cover off and installed the back piece of the BSE separate from the rest of the BB. This allowed me to squeegie the rest of the water out with the water accidentally getting into the compartment.

Once I took a blow dryer to it, then I put the battery back in and the back cover back on.
    02-16-08 11:48 PM
    Yes, I also removed the battery cover, and made sure to keep the battery out the WHOLE time, which was a process in and of itself.I had to use my spare RAZR for a few hours(even though I installed it at midnight, so I could leave it over night to dry. That was nearly impossible, as I woke up to check the red light, and realized it wasn't there!

02-17-08 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD