has openings that expose the metal battery charging contacts on the back? I have the charging pod but its a pain in the *** to take the cover off everytime i want to charge my phone. I dont see what the big deal is, SOMEONE must have made a case for the phone that has that part exposed...anyone?
    02-12-11 09:40 AM
    has openings that expose the metal battery charging contacts on the back? I have the charging pod but its a pain in the *** to take the cover off everytime i want to charge my phone. I dont see what the big deal is, SOMEONE must have made a case for the phone that has that part exposed...anyone?
    It would be pointless because with a case on your device it wouldn't fit in the charging pod.
    02-14-11 11:11 AM
    While I know you won't like this answer (and it may be moot anyway), you can use the Seidio Innodock with one of their cases. You can see them here but it appears they are currently on backorder. Other than that, it appears that RIM doesn't see a market in those who want cases on their phones but also want to use RIM's charging pod.
    02-14-11 04:04 PM
    well thanks for the help guys
    02-15-11 10:01 AM
    I've used Sena's Magnet Flipper for my Tour for the past 18 months. It's quick and easy to slip the phone out each evening before placing it in my charging pod. The case is a little pricey at $50, but it's always protected. Also, RetailMeNot has a 20% off code PCWIPNK11 that supposedly still works.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    02-15-11 04:55 PM
    I've used Sena's Magnet Flipper for my Tour for the past 18 months. It's quick and easy to slip the phone out each evening before placing it in my charging pod. The case is a little pricey at $50, but it's always protected. Also, RetailMeNot has a 20% off code PCWIPNK11 that supposedly still works.
    I love the idea of that case!

I want the sleeper magnet, but I hate the holster/belt clip cases. I just like to pocket my phones, but not have to pull it out of some sleeve when I want to use it.

It says that it's some nice Italian leather. Is it? Like is it nice and soft and not cheap feeling like some "leather" or rather pleather cases are? Do you have a color combo one or just the straight black? Also, you've said you've had for 18 months, is it pretty durable and still in good condition?

I'm very interested in this case, I'd love a mini review from you...
    02-15-11 05:07 PM
    That case looks pretty nice. The only downside I can see (besides the price) is that the LED is fully covered when the flap is up.
    02-15-11 05:19 PM
    I've never used the holster clip on my Sena case, although it's very easy to get on and off for those who like holsters.

The phone gets thrown in my purse all the time and is always protected. The case is a bit too thick to fit comfortably in my pocket though. Although I'm a rather small woman and have small pockets. My husband has no problem carrying the case in his front pockets.

The case is soft leather yet very sturdy and strongly stitched. After 18 months there's hardly any visible wear at all. I got the red/black combo and looking at all the colors available now, I'd choose it again.

The LED is fully covered, but I've gotten used to that. For missed calls I use "Missed Call Alert" and rely on an audible notification. I just flip it open now and then to check for emails and messages. I figure if I'm close enough to see an LED, I'm close enough to look at the screen. I just leave LED notifications turned off and haven't found it to be a big deal.

The case has a place to slide a driver's license or credit card in the flap, but once I started doing that I remembered it's not a good idea to keep them around magnets. Not sure those small sleeper magnets could demagnetize a card, but I choose not to take that chance.

Before I bought it I wondered about having the flap hanging down every time I'm on the phone, but it's not bad. You can fold it completely back while on the phone, but that makes the phone thick and kind of awkward in my hand. The best part about the flap is that the front of my phone is always protected from dings and has been kept pretty clean in the year and a half I've had it. I think it was a great investment. But be sure and use that discount code if you order one.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    02-16-11 09:26 AM
    Thank you fw! You convinced me to try that case, just need to decide if I want a colored one or not...

I'm a BerryBuzz user, but I don't think the lack of being able to see the light will bother me. I can still have the flap open when sitting at my desk or when it's on the coffee table.

I'm sure the magnet isn't strong enough to ruin and cards you would put in it. Other cases like that don't do it, and I'm sure they tested that when they made the case. I'm a guy so I have big pockets and carry my wallet with me wherever I go, just like my phone. But, the little SIM/SD Card slots it has in it are very cool. I have an extra media card folded inside a post-it note that I put in the SIM slot of my phone that's filled with movies. It works, but it's not the best way of doing it.

I'm always nice to my phone, but I like the craftsmanship and design of that case. I usually run the phone naked, but use a silicone skin for going out on the weekends. I hate the case because it's ugly and doesn't slide in and out of my pocket very well. I really want an case with a little more "class" for work and school on those days when I'm feeling a little clumsy, but still be able to take it on and off easily to drop in a charging pod.

Thanks again for the mini-review, it was very helpful. Most of those "leather" cases feel so cheap in your hand, I hate pleather! I'm willing to pay a little more for some quality, that discount code looks great though too...
    02-16-11 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD