02-18-10 07:32 PM
43 12
tools
    Is there a built in screen protector? I have called otterbox twice and still do not have a solid answer. All I want is a screen protector built in so I don't have to worry about it. Please help. I don't want to buy one and then not have what I want and then need to return it.

Thanks in advance!

Ben
    02-08-10 11:31 PM
    My wife has the otterbox defender on her 8530 and it does have a built in screen protector.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 12:22 AM
    My wife has the otterbox defender on her 8530 and it does have a built in screen protector.

thank you so much! I will be ordering one in the next few days. That is all that I needed to know!
    02-09-10 12:28 AM
    Glad I could help.

02-09-10 12:53 AM
    You can see it here:

02-09-10 07:18 AM
    You can see it here:

Thank you. Very helpful!
    02-09-10 09:54 AM
    Looks much better than the Defender I have for my 8330.

Thanks for the link.

I hate the air bubbles on the screen.

Where can the best price be found on the 8530 Defender case?
    02-09-10 01:47 PM
    Looks much better than the Defender I have for my 8330.

Thanks for the link.

I hate the air bubbles on the screen.

Where can the best price be found on the 8530 Defender case?
    Yeah, bubbles on the screen suck. I have found the best prices on ebay. Most of them can be had at the $32-$34 range w/free shipping.
    02-09-10 02:29 PM
    Yeah, bubbles on the screen suck. I have found the best prices on ebay. Most of them can be had at the $32-$34 range w/free shipping.
    Great thanks, that's not a bad price.

The Otterbox Defender case I have for the 8330 is great except for the bubbles.

The review that was posted in this tread is for the 8520 case. Is the 8530 case going to be the same?

Edit: I called Otterbox, the 8520 & 8530 case are the same.
    Last edited by plstx; 02-09-10 at 03:53 PM.
    02-09-10 03:45 PM
    I just picked up an 8530. Very cool phone, but it definitely needs a case. I'm torn between the Commuter and the Defender, I have the Commuter for my iPhone and it's a great case too. I'm concerned the Defender might be a bit too bulky but the 8530 is so small and light to begin with I'm not so sure it'll be an issue.

Thoughts?
    02-09-10 05:43 PM
    I just picked up an 8530. Very cool phone, but it definitely needs a case. I'm torn between the Commuter and the Defender, I have the Commuter for my iPhone and it's a great case too. I'm concerned the Defender might be a bit too bulky but the 8530 is so small and light to begin with I'm not so sure it'll be an issue.

Thoughts?

I have the commuter case and I really like it. I need more protection and definitely need a built in screen protection which the defender has. By the looks of it, it doesn't look too bulky since the 8530 is smaller. I believe that otterbox may have slimmed down the case a bit too. Plus, I like the holster it comes with too. I am not really excited about the membrane thing that goes on the keyboard so I may not put that on.
    02-09-10 06:23 PM
    I think I will get the defender too.

02-09-10 07:51 PM
    FYI I got my Defender 2 weeks ago and love it, they listed for close to $50 on otterbox's site and got mine from cellguru.com or something for $27.
    02-09-10 07:55 PM
    I just got mine off ebay for 32.95 w/free shipping!
    02-09-10 08:01 PM
    I just got mine off ebay for 32.95 w/free shipping!
    Let us know how how you like it.

As far as the keyboard protector, I have one on my 8330, you get adjusted to it very quickly.

I haven't ordered the 8530 yet, but when I do I plan to get a Defender, the belt clip is a must for me.
    02-10-10 01:17 AM
    Let us know how how you like it.

As far as the keyboard protector, I have one on my 8330, you get adjusted to it very quickly.

I haven't ordered the 8530 yet, but when I do I plan to get a Defender, the belt clip is a must for me.
    I definitely will. So you would recommend that I use the keyboard protector? I was just gonna leave it off. I guess I can always take it off or put it on.
    02-10-10 10:01 AM
    Thanks. Yea, I would give it a try, like you said if you don't like it you can always just take it off. I didn't like it at 1st but after a short time you forget it's even there.

On the 8330 the keyboard and screen protector or one piece, so I have no choice but to use it.

I do like the extra protection on the keyboard if I drip water on it when I'm fishing I don't worry about it.
    02-10-10 12:01 PM
    Does the defender make it too big for pockets? I'm not into belt clips.
    02-10-10 03:46 PM
    Does the defender make it too big for pockets? I'm not into belt clips.
    I think that it may depend on your phone model. I see that you have an iphone. Many of my friends have defenders for their iphones and carry in their pockets all the time. They all love theirs.
    02-11-10 12:00 AM
    I've actually given up my iPhone for an 8530. I think I'm gonna go with the commuter because one thing I love about the 8530 is the small, sleek, lightweight form factor.
    02-11-10 10:07 AM
    I just got a new Sprint 8530 like a week ago and ordered the Otterbox Defender from thecellguru.com for $27.50 + $1.99 shipping on Saturday. This was the best deal I could find with Google Shopping.

Otterbox BlackBerry 8520 / 8530 Curve Defender Case With Clip - Black -TheCellGuru.com

It shipped Monday and I received it today.

I like it a lot with the possible exceptions of the keyboard membrane thingy, it's kind of loose but I like the idea of having the protection nonetheless, and the minor complaint that the black silicone skin tends to pick up lint and other junk. Outside of not really being waterproof, I can't imagine a case being any more protective than this and still being able to use the phone through the case.

Recommended!
    Last edited by Seamonkey; 02-11-10 at 07:45 PM.
    02-11-10 07:39 PM
    I just got a new Sprint 8530 like a week ago and ordered the Otterbox Defender from thecellguru.com for $27.50 + $1.99 shipping on Saturday. This was the best deal I could find with Google Shopping.

Otterbox BlackBerry 8520 / 8530 Curve Defender Case With Clip - Black -TheCellGuru.com

It shipped Monday and I received it today.

I like it a lot with the possible exceptions of the keyboard membrane thingy, it's kind of loose but I like the idea of having the protection nonetheless, and the minor complaint that the black silicone skin tends to pick up lint and other junk. Outside of not really being waterproof, I can't imagine a case being any more protective than this and still being able to use the phone through the case.

Recommended!
    You could use it without the membrane, right? Just making sure. I may not use it at all.
    02-12-10 12:08 AM
    I got my defender and love it! I should have bought this first. Its not too big either. I think its perfect. I now have a commuter for sale.

02-13-10 07:50 PM
    I got my defender and love it! I should have bought this first. Its not too big either. I think its perfect. I now have a commuter for sale.

Good deal, did you use the screen protector or not?

I was planning to order one for my 8530 but I found a different case at Best Buy that I like. I hope it protects it as much as the Otterbox.

The case I got not very small compared to the Otterbox that I have for the 8330. It came with a belt clip somewhat like the Otterbox where the screen faces in.

I like this case but I work in harsh environment, landscaping, so I need all the protection I can get.
    02-14-10 12:40 AM
    Good deal, did you use the screen protector or not?

I was planning to order one for my 8530 but I found a different case at Best Buy that I like. I hope it protects it as much as the Otterbox.

The case I got not very small compared to the Otterbox that I have for the 8330. It came with a belt clip somewhat like the Otterbox where the screen faces in.

I like this case but I work in harsh environment, landscaping, so I need all the protection I can get.
    The screen protector is built in and very nice! I did end up using the keyboard protector. I was able to get it tight and it works surprisingly well. I would like to see some pics of the case you are using if that is possible? It sounds really nice.

I really like my defender and as stated above, wish I had just bought that first.
    02-14-10 09:44 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD