I've read the holster related answers on this forum but none of them seem to point me in the right direction.

Does the 9105 actually work with a holster?

My holster has a magnet (tested with paper clip) all the settings that I can find on the phone that are holster related are set but..... it still doesn't turnoff/lock/go to standby when I put it in the holster. I can still press buttons etc whilst it's in the holster.

(My wife's curve goes instantly to "sleep" as soon as you put it in it's holster.

Why won't my Pearl do that.

Any suggestions?
    06-22-11 11:57 AM
    Mine works fine - I have a Blackberry branded holster but I bought it on eBay, so heaven knows if it's genuine or not. It does have a magnet in as I can tell if I hold it against some tin..

Can't think what might be the problem. Mine just worked as soon as I got the holster. I didn't change anything.

Rgrds

Peter
    07-12-11 09:36 AM
    i had trouble with my old holster. as soon as i bought the new pearl holster the problem went away. Except i don't like the new holster- but i guess i cant have everything my way. (it spins all the way round-sometimes causing the berry to fall out.)
    07-13-11 08:11 AM
    I think it is related with location of the magnet. I have a curve 9300 with an original BB holster and when I put the pearl inside it, nothing happens (with the curve works like a charm), and also I have a cheap (very cheap) holster with magnet and inside it the pearl goes into holster mode (sleep).
    So I think it might be with the location or the power of the magnet.
    07-13-11 06:13 PM
    someone knows where is the magnet in the phone?
    I have a magnet equipped holser that dont work, I like to try the phone using a magnet over the body, just to see if it CAN work
    07-16-11 03:21 PM
    yes it is... i have a friend that use that. works fine for him.
    07-26-11 07:35 PM
    someone knows where is the magnet in the phone?
    It's in the front and spreads from about 1/3 way down to near the bottom. If I hold mine next to a steel object (filing cabinet, for example) I can feel the effect. With one I tried, the magnet was actually strong enough to stop the holster sliding down.

Rgrds
    07-28-11 05:52 AM
    My old 2G Pearl goes to sleep just fine in its old holster, and in the new (BB branded) holster I have bought for my new 9105. It also responds to magnets waved near the front towards the bottom. But my 9105 didn't go to sleep in either holster. So I sent it back to the supplier. New one just arrived- exactly the same problem. Is there a production problem? Have BB changed the spec? Any ideas on how to get hold of a 9105 that actually works in a holster?
    09-28-11 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD