I am debating using a screen protector, I bought the RIM holster, but im not sure that will provide adequate protection for the screen. I really don't like screen protectors and seeing the bubbles and dust, but seeing as I'll be using this device for a while, I really don't want any scratches.

Do you use a screen protector?
    11-08-10 09:15 PM
    if you worry about everyday scratches, the torch screen can hold on its own.
    the added advantage of having a fingerprint screen protector/ privacy screen protector is that it's easier to wipe oil, dirt, smudges.
    11-08-10 09:21 PM
    have a Clarivue one on the way, used one on my 9700 and it was great

also the BestSkinsEver ones are great and dont show as much orange peel effect as the Zagg ones do, however the Clarivue ones are a little clearer
    11-08-10 09:22 PM
    Nope, it feels much better with no protection. As far as appearance, they are pretty much not noticeable if applied correctly. But from my experience the screen is not as slick with protection.
    11-08-10 09:23 PM
    yeah I'm mostly worried about scratches from usage, I have the holster on, but im not sure if that will keep it completely safe, I've heard the screen is made from plastic and not glass like the iphone.
    11-08-10 09:25 PM
    Someone on here broke theirs and said it was definitely glass. They are very hard to scratch under normal use.
    11-08-10 09:26 PM
    I have one on mine. I did notice a difference in the feel of the screen. Not as "slick" as a previous poster said. I didn't like it at first but I wanted to protect the screen. It didn't take very long to get used to it and now I don't even think about it.

I have a ClearCoat one on it and I like that I can't even see it. I hand my phone to others and they cannot even tell it's on there.
    11-08-10 09:31 PM
    yeah I'm mostly worried about scratches from usage, I have the holster on, but im not sure if that will keep it completely safe, I've heard the screen is made from plastic and not glass like the iphone.
    I can assure you it's not made of plastic and it doesn't easily scratch at all. I used a screenprotector for a while but later I took it off. It just felt wierd to my fingers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 09:32 PM
    I like the feel/texture of the screen on my torch
    I was hesitant on putting on a screen protector until i discovered Wrapsol.
    No orange peel effect, feels great, and feels like the actually screen!
    I got the Ultra version for my phone and its awesome, im sure the other versions of Wrapsol would have the same feel. It actually feels great, as if there's no plastic film on it! a lot better than invisible shield.

if youre debating on whether to get it, I'd say get it, cause its alot easier to clean it than without it.
    Last edited by ev44; 11-09-10 at 12:12 AM.
    11-09-10 12:09 AM
    Zagg has a good screen protector. I picked one up. Works great

11-09-10 12:23 AM
    i use one ought mine from att store makes things glide better
    11-09-10 12:27 AM
    I still have that plastic coating sticky thing that is on mine that comes on the phone when you buy it lol.
    11-09-10 12:50 AM
    I use the Capdase Screenguard. Easy to apply, no bubbles, it doesn't detract from the touchscreen usage and I hardly notice it.
    11-09-10 12:51 AM
    I forget what the one I use is called but it is applied on the screen using some sort of liquid and it eleminates all the bubbles and I've had absolutely no problems with it.

11-09-10 01:27 AM
    +1 for the Clarivue. I got the ultra-clear - can't tell it's on, and it's got a smooth feeling to it, so doesn't change the feel of the screen as much as the Zagg, which makes it feel sticker.
    11-09-10 01:39 AM
    yes! it can protect my BB.
    11-09-10 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD