06-22-10 01:22 AM
31 12
tools
    Now I know what it does, but do you actually use it?

I think it looks dumb...and won't putting it on "Lock" save battery life as well?
    06-20-10 06:16 PM
    I use it; to protect my mobile and also because I'm too lazy to push the required buttons at the top, haha!
    06-20-10 06:20 PM
    I use it for the protection and because it puts the device to sleep, which yes enhances the battery performance.

I am mainly waiting to see what accessories surface for the device before I make my selection as to what case I will rock (if any) as my full time protection.
    06-20-10 06:23 PM
    I use the pouch that came with mine, for protection and security.

We don't do holsters here in the UK though....
    Swinging phones from our pants went out of fashion in the mid 90's
    06-20-10 06:26 PM
    **** no!! I can't wear a phone on my hip, I feel like a complete ******
    06-20-10 06:26 PM
    It doesn't really go on your hip, it's this:

http://yourbestberry.files.wordpress...bholster21.jpg

There's nothing on the back.

Wait, so does putting the phone in the holster the same as pressing the lock button at the top?
    06-20-10 06:30 PM
    As nerdy as it looks, I absolutely use it. I even use the case for my plantronix blue tooth. Just like weird Al, Rollin Nerdy.
    06-20-10 06:33 PM
    It doesn't really go on your hip, it's this:

http://yourbestberry.files.wordpress...bholster21.jpg

There's nothing on the back.

Wait, so does putting the phone in the holster the same as pressing the lock button at the top?
    That's a pouch/wallet, not a holster

...and yes, the magnet inside locks the keypad and puts your berry to sleep
    06-20-10 06:37 PM
    ^^ RIM calls it a holster
    06-20-10 07:15 PM
    ^^ RIM calls it a holster
    ^^^ RIM actually calls it a pocket BlackBerry Accessories Store - Cases

...and the holster swings from your hip
    06-20-10 07:20 PM
    I absolutely HATE the 9700 holster. Its square, bulky and the device doesnt slide in and out freely. Its way too tight. I use my Curve 8330 holster still and its perfect. Sadly the magnets dont meet up but thats OK cause I lock my handset constantly anyway.

And no I dont have it hanging from my belt. I have it clipped but on the inside of my pocket
    06-20-10 07:24 PM
    I prefer a pouch. The 9700 holster nearly got me in big trouble. I'll paste in the story I posted in an earlier thread (edited for relevance):

I was used to keeping my old 8320 in the original pouch which fit nicely in a pants pocket or bag pocket. My 9700 came with a holster, massive belt clip and all. I won't wear a holster, and the whole huge mess wouldn't fit snugly in my bag's interior pockets so... three days after I got it, the holster and BB bounced out of the bag and into the street where it lay there until a rubbish truck rolled up. The driver spotted the phone and stopped in time. He called me at home and and I met him further along his route where I was reunited with my BB. An offer of reward was declined.

The damage? A tiny chip in the chrome bezel where it stuck out of the holster (and you have to know what you're looking for.)

One more surprise: I ordered a beautiful two-tone pouch from Beyza Cases the night of the misadventure and they shipped it from Turkey to New York within 36 hours!!
    06-20-10 07:47 PM
    I prefer a slim hard shell case or skin. I usually keep my BB in my pocket.
    06-20-10 08:20 PM
    Interestingly with my AT&T Bold 9700, I got a leather case with a clip on the back and a leather flap on the top that goes over it and has a BB logo on it. It looks pretty good actually and I use it.
    06-20-10 08:24 PM
    I only use it at work so I don't have it bangin around in my cargo pocket. Out of work I don't use it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-20-10 08:27 PM
    Epik Resin case, and it slides in and out of the holster quite snugly, but nice. I could give a rats booty about fashion. It's convenient, functional and protective. Last I checked, that big square in your pocket wasn't sayin' you're happy to see me.

Posted from my Supercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 08:28 PM
    I use mine and I love it, I was just going to use the one I had for my storm 2 but it was a little too big and I was dissapointed but then I saw it came with one and its pretty nice for a free case

06-20-10 08:34 PM
    Nope never even opened it, ended giving it to someone of the forums. As soon as I got my 9700 I went online to buy a ob commuter.

06-20-10 08:37 PM
    I still have my case in its plastic way it came I bought a ed hardy case with a screen protecter from ebay an my phone looks great with all the tatoo designs love kills slowly signature on the back of my phone all my function button still easy to get too plus the case is not bulky they made em a bit thinner an all I have to do is clip dem on my phone an its protected even when it fall some people think its the real case of the phone cool

06-20-10 08:44 PM
    Nope I don't use mine.. I have a hard plastic case on my 9700 and I keep my phone in my front pocket.. I gave my case to my hubby with the new(ish 3mo old) 9700 I bought him yesterday..

06-20-10 08:46 PM
    I do use a holster, just not the one that came with the 9700. I found that because of the interior lining of the OEM holster, it was leaving scratch marks on the middle row of buttons. I'm using the holster that T-Mobile sells specifically for this device. It has a suede-like lining, and covers more of the phone than the OEM holster does.
    06-21-10 01:22 PM
    Nope, its too small for my Blackberry Bold 9700, i have the Otter Box Commuter Case on my Bold 9700 and when i try to put it in, I have to really shove it in the holster, I bought a Leather Case for my Bold at a mall and now it falls right in with no problem.
    06-21-10 01:49 PM
    I use mine all the time. It protects my phone and it came with the device.
    06-21-10 01:57 PM
    I have an Incipio case on my 9700, so Im using the OEM 9000 holster and it fits great.
    06-21-10 02:13 PM
    Nope never used it. i prefer my outerbox case, or just a slimmer gel case
    06-21-10 02:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD