i did a search and it seems like bad usb ports are not as common as the guys with curves but it still happens

i was just wondering which is better or less stress for the usb port, cradle or usb cable?

and which do you guys use?
    12-26-09 01:39 PM
    I use the cable since my Storm won't fit into the cradle with the Invisible Shield makes the device too big to fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 04:19 PM
    I use the USB cable, home, office, and on the road.
    12-26-09 04:20 PM
    cradle only at my desk in my room, cable anywhere else
    12-26-09 04:28 PM
    I use the charger
    but is it just me or the USB charges the Storm slower than the wall charger?
    12-26-09 04:34 PM
    I use the wall charger about every two days, and the USB only when backing up or updating.
    12-26-09 04:56 PM
    I use the powermat works great on my phones
    12-26-09 04:57 PM
    I use the wall charger while at home and car charger on the road.
    12-26-09 06:29 PM
    Using the cradle the last couple weeks. Got it for 9.95 at my local VZW on sale. Been through two phones already with micro-usb going bad after 4-6 months.

12-26-09 07:00 PM
    I use the charger
    but is it just me or the USB charges the Storm slower than the wall charger?
    i read this off another thread but i recall they mentioned that the mah rating on the pc is not as high as the wall charger... thus taking longer to charge from the pc
    12-26-09 07:42 PM
    I use the powermat works great on my phones
    i was looking into this option also... but it seemed a little pricey

how is the powermat compared to the conventional wall/usb charger??
    longer charge time? battery drain is the same?
    12-26-09 07:44 PM
    i was looking into this option also... but it seemed a little pricey

how is the powermat compared to the conventional wall/usb charger??
    longer charge time? battery drain is the same?
    I have not noticed any difference on drainage, The pad does seem to charge the phone faster
    12-26-09 07:49 PM
    Just got the cradle for my Storm for Christmas. Works well. But I have been using the wall plug primarily with the USB cord on the road. I also picked up a car charger from our local Future Shop. The car cord and the wall plug are the fastest by far over the USB cord.

12-26-09 09:10 PM
    I use USB at work and the BB charger at home. No need to pull off the skin. I bought a couple of clear plexiglass business card holders at Office Depot and drilled a quarter inch hole in the back, then looped the cables through the hole. If my phone rings, I can just pick it up without unplugging it.

12-27-09 02:27 AM
    I used a $150 power one linear PSU that put out +5v, and +/- 15 vDC. It was a bench PSU for repairing & testing projects, and the 5v rail had a bunch of little doodads soldered to it terminating to random DC jacks & mini usb ports on the other end for various cellphones and MP3 players so I didn't have to unplug things all the time.

My storm had the cleanest 5v on the block.
    12-27-09 03:43 AM
    cradle only at my desk in my room, cable anywhere else
    Same here. Always in the cradle.
    12-27-09 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD