08-24-09 10:54 PM
40 12
tools
    If not, why?
    And if so, which do you prefer and why?
    Is there any (other than silicone, which feels cheap) that doesn't inhibit your ability to type?
    08-23-09 11:54 AM
    Case-Mate Fuel. Gives me 3 days of heavy use when used correctly
    08-23-09 11:59 AM
    i use my bold naked. frankly i like of like it that way. i just to have a silicone but it was catching on my pants pockets all the time.
    08-23-09 12:11 PM
    naked. It makes my hubby cringe how i don't take care of my bold.
    08-23-09 12:13 PM
    Never had a case, never will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 12:26 PM
    I go commando. Never have used cases with phones. I don't like extra bulk, and the bold is a handsome phone. Why cover it up?

08-23-09 12:35 PM
    Don't need a case.
    08-23-09 12:44 PM
    I just use the included leather case that came in the retail box. Does it's job rather well.

08-23-09 12:46 PM
    Innocase 360, cuz I want protection, and it looks good.
    08-23-09 12:54 PM
    Leather one that it comes with.
    08-23-09 01:02 PM
    just got the innocase 360, and it's nice, but since i keep it in my pocket and lint sneeks in (annoying seeing lint on the screen you can't readily blow or wipe off) i may go to something like the invisible shield (zagg) full protection, because as was said in an earlier post, the Bold is one sexy device and it'd be a shame not to share that sexiness with everyone. ;-)
    08-23-09 01:09 PM
    just got the innocase 360, and it's nice, but since i keep it in my pocket and lint sneeks in (annoying seeing lint on the screen you can't readily blow or wipe off) i may go to something like the invisible shield (zagg) full protection, because as was said in an earlier post, the Bold is one sexy device and it'd be a shame not to share that sexiness with everyone. ;-)
    I've never put my Bold in my pocket, but if I did and I seen lint, I'd get a different case too.
    08-23-09 01:14 PM
    I go commando. Never have used cases with phones. I don't like extra bulk, and the bold is a handsome phone. Why cover it up?

Broken & scratch screens, chipped and cracked bezels....that's why but to each his own.

08-23-09 01:23 PM
    No case, bold in pocket, never had an issue.
    08-23-09 01:30 PM
    Case-Mate Fuel. Gives me 3 days of heavy use when used correctly
    How exactly do you use this holster correctly?
    08-23-09 01:33 PM
    Just the standard holster that came with the phone for me. I was lazy with my 8300 and didn't use the case at all and the battery cover now looks so scratched so when I got the Bold I made a concious decision to use the case.

As others have said it's not an ugly phone so it's not a decision to hide it away, just a decision to keep it protected while in my pocket.

08-23-09 02:05 PM
    Broken & scratch screens, chipped and cracked bezels....that's why but to each his own.

You shouldnt be dropping your BB in the first place.
    But accidents do happen, its not that expensive to repair your entire bold
    Ive changed mine from the outer shell to the trackball and screen. Total about 80 bucks. Blacked out, blue trackball, red key keyboard. The only things i havent replaced are the midplate and the motherboard (which you cant as far as i know) but the midplates only run like 10 bucks. So 90 total?

Back to the subject, i only use the original case it came with when im going to be spending most of the day outdoors where it could easily be dropped on the hard surfaces, other than that i have a screen protector to keep it from scratches.
    08-23-09 02:31 PM
    You shouldnt be dropping your BB in the first place.
    But accidents do happen, its not that expensive to repair your entire bold
    Ive changed mine from the outer shell to the trackball and screen. Total about 80 bucks. Blacked out, blue trackball, red key keyboard. The only things i havent replaced are the midplate and the motherboard (which you cant as far as i know) but the midplates only run like 10 bucks. So 90 total?

Back to the subject, i only use the original case it came with when im going to be spending most of the day outdoors where it could easily be dropped on the hard surfaces, other than that i have a screen protector to keep it from scratches.
    I'm with you but looking to get a screen protector. Which one is the best for the bold and doesn't leave air bubbles or lint b/w the lcd and film?

08-23-09 03:10 PM
    i use to use a holster but it's a pain in the a$$ so stoppped using it.
    08-23-09 03:19 PM
    I'm with you but looking to get a screen protector. Which one is the best for the bold and doesn't leave air bubbles or lint b/w the lcd and film?

I actually have a place in my mall around me called shield zone, they install it for like 8 bucks (12 bucks for the sheild alone), but they do it in front of you, so if you see a bubble or anything that you dont like they will redo it, cost about 20 bucks total, but totally worth it, also comes with lifetime warrenty.

its very strange how they do it, i guess i could tell you how they do it, first they cake the screen with water and wipe if off making the screen lint free, then spray the back of the protector and the screen again, put the screen on then use a sponge tool that they have to push all of the water out from underneath and absorb it. Leaving the screen bubble/lint free.

They also do full body shields but i just did the screen seeing as i try my hardest not to drop it, and i dont really know how a protector would do on the leather back?

here is their website maybe they have one around you
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Last edited by dille_21; 08-23-09 at 03:27 PM.
    08-23-09 03:22 PM
    08-23-09 03:24 PM
    I have never had a case for my Bold.... I just don't drop it and don't put anything else in my pocket with it. Besides its looks badass the way it is!!

08-23-09 03:56 PM
    i would love for my bold to go naked but i'm to afraid of scratches and dings and too broke (nursing student) to buy new bezels. I saved for too long and paid too much for this phone to become ugly with unwanted markings. there's no guarantee i wont drop my phone.

So i just use a basic silicone case i bought for a buck on amazon. i have the invisible shield screen protector for the screen.
    08-23-09 05:12 PM
    Sometimes I have it with a silicone case but mostly w/o anything, I am trying to get a pocket pouch though!
    08-23-09 05:17 PM
    Sometimes I have it with a silicone case but mostly w/o anything, I am trying to get a pocket pouch though!
    i loved my pearl pocket pouch that it came with, do they make them for the bold?
    although id probably never use it, if anything i would use this little silk carry case i got with my shield protector.
    08-23-09 07:21 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD