02-07-10 04:08 AM
39 12
tools
    I am using the Otter Box case and I love it. The feel of it is Great and I have not had any issues with it. It came with its own screen protector that covered the entire screen from top to bottom, even the buttons. But sadly, I had to replace it last month and that screen protector went with it. I always use a screen protector regardless if it is scratch resistant. Better safe than sorry.
    01-14-10 01:20 AM
    I ordered an invisible shield as I had one on my old BB but installed it on the Storm but did not like the feel of it so took it off.

I then decided to go without but was getting too many fingerprints!

So I installed a clear touch anti glare screen protector

Storm 2 9550 Screen Protector / BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Screen Protector / Storm 2 9550 Screen Cover / BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Screen Cover / Storm 2 9550 Screen Film - ClearTouch Anti-Glare

a lot less fingerprints now and the anti glare works to in bright lighting

For a case I have ordered a Vaja pouch and its arriving sometime today
    01-14-10 03:36 AM
    I am using the screen protectors being sold by Crackberry -- this one comes in a pack of three and adds a nice matt-like finish to the screen. I find I'm getting less smudges too, when compared to using my Storm without it.
    01-14-10 04:29 AM
    I always out screen protectors on my phones. I like to have the extra protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 06:13 AM
    Haven't had one since I got it two months ago, No scratches. I guess it depends on how you treat your device.
    Greg
    I treat all of my electronics with kid glove, always have and always will, however you can not control your environment. If you are in a high dust area your chances of a piece of dirt getting massaged into your screen are significantly higher than if you work in a climate controlled environment.
    01-14-10 06:50 AM
    i've had my storm 2 for 2 months now and I haven't had a screen protector to date - and don't have any scratches on my screen. I use the simple slip case provided in the box, however, i ALWAYS return it to the slip case when im not using the device. I clean it with the provided cloth nightly.
    Wait...I just got my S2 in the mail from Verizon yesterday and there was no slip case or cloth in my box. Was there suppose to be?
    02-06-10 05:13 PM
    Wait...I just got my S2 in the mail from Verizon yesterday and there was no slip case or cloth in my box. Was there suppose to be?
    There wasn't in mine
    02-06-10 05:26 PM
    I think only the 9520 (i.e. UK version) has the leather slip case. Verizon doesn't supply it in their box.
    02-06-10 05:27 PM
    I personally wouldn't go without one.
    I always end up putting it in the same pocket as my keys
    So I sprang for the Zagg full body. Shiney as the day she left Canada
    02-06-10 06:46 PM
    Nah no screen protector or case on my baby

02-06-10 07:22 PM
    Verizon doesn't give the slip case or the cloth in the box, but they do supply a 16 GB memory card. I had to buy the OEM slip case and use it at work.
    02-06-10 08:31 PM
    +1 to using screen protection. I have a ZAGG on and I love the feel and bit of extra protection it provides. My S1 is in an otter box, and I hated the celephane screen cover it came with (plus the touch screen didn't seem as positive) so I tore it out and put a ZAGG on instead. My S1 is going on a year old, and she looks like brand new. Just my 2 cents.
    02-06-10 08:47 PM
    I don't use a screen protector. After seeing how scratch resistant the screen itself was, I decided to use the device as is. No problems at all from my choice.

02-07-10 03:23 AM
    I think only the 9520 (i.e. UK version) has the leather slip case. Verizon doesn't supply it in their box.
    what a rip off!
    Ive actually been looking to buy a slip case...and they get one out of the box??? do they get car chargers too????
    what's worse is VZW doesn't even sell the blackberry slip cases...all they have is this ug brown thing
    02-07-10 04:08 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD