02-09-10 12:41 AM
45 12
tools
    Are the screen protector ones any good? The ones you have to put on then squeeze the air out? Or do most prefer a proper case?
    02-08-10 04:53 AM
    I use a screen protector as well as a case. A lot of cases don't cover the screen so you'd probably want one as well as the case. I tried one of the ones like you describe, and I scratched it to **** trying to get the air out XD I bought one that uses a solution and got my hubby to put it on lol and I'm pretty happy with that.

I'm fairly klutzy so I think for me a case is neccessary XD right now I have a silicone skin but I am thinking about getting an Innocase II, someone here said it will fit into the OEM holster, which the skin case I have does not. I'd like to be able to use the holster at work and the hard case might give a little more protection.
    02-08-10 09:04 AM
    Screen protector all the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 02:16 PM
    I had my phone for all of 2 days and dropped it not once but twice. Next day got a clear OEM rubber case. Snug fit, not tooo bulkky, better grips, and good impact protection. I think its necessary...You gotta baby your crackberry
    02-08-10 02:58 PM
    I utilize cases with the "holstering" function. Very handy.
    02-08-10 03:08 PM
    I use the OEM belt holster... Awesome IMO
    02-08-10 03:50 PM
    I do especially if I don't feel like wearing my holster.
    02-08-10 03:55 PM
    Case absolutely necessary for me. I cannot stand scratches on my phone. I use the bulkiest case out there, the Otterbox defender series for my 9700 and love it.
    02-08-10 04:48 PM
    My Otterbox Commuter case saved my 9700 this weekend. I was in a parking lot and I dropped the phone when I was putting it in my pocket. It fell about three feet and landed screen first right on the corner of a piece of concrete. I thought it was gone for sure. I picked it up and was surprised to find the screen still intact.

There's a tiny chip in the edge of the screen glass and bezel and three large gashes on the screen protector. I took the protector off and the screen is fine underneath. I didn't realize the outer cover of the screen is glass.
    02-08-10 04:57 PM
    I like and use the Case Mate Tough Hybrid. Love it!
    Is it easy to remove if you're going to use the BB charging pod?

02-08-10 05:19 PM
    try the seidio innocase II it's not bulky and the phone feel's good in my hand... if a case is necerssary or not that's up to you... with my 9000 bold i didn't have a case and it was ok, but on my 9700 for reason i felt a case was better then a naked berry
    Ditto on the Innocase II. I have one and the phone feels very secure in my hand and it looks good. It also fits in the OEM holster. I also have a Seidio charging dock that takes the 9700 in its case. I didn't use a case on my Moto Qh and after 2 years the finish was wearing off and it looked like it had been through the mill. I once dropped it in a crowded bar and the battery cover flew off and the battery fell out. I thought it was dead for sure but not. Had it been in a case it would have stayed together. I highly recommend a case.
    02-08-10 05:32 PM
    Hey,
    one question in advance! After what time do you buy yorself a new phone? I am buying a new phone after two years! My opinion is, that a phone lasts that long without taking major damages. Thus I dont think the use of a case is unnecessary!

02-08-10 06:57 PM
    I've never used a case/skin/holster for any of my devices. I don't mind small scratches though, as they aren't really noticeable to anybody but me.
    02-08-10 07:09 PM
    If you find yourself hitting the standby button on the top of 9700 by accident- then the blue/black 2 piece case by frogz available at AT&T stores is great. It has just enough rise to stop that accidental button press.
    02-08-10 07:17 PM
    I used a blue case-mate barley there for my onyx, but stopped after like a week. I loved the case but like my blackberry without a case, and scratches don't bother me, I consider them battle scars lol, but I really think its up to the user.

02-08-10 08:14 PM
    it depends do you drop your phones often?
    02-08-10 08:58 PM
    I wish i didn't need a case, but I love my blackberry way to much to let it go naked
    02-08-10 09:06 PM
    Ditto on the Innocase II. I have one and the phone feels very secure in my hand and it looks good. It also fits in the OEM holster. I also have a Seidio charging dock that takes the 9700 in its case. I didn't use a case on my Moto Qh and after 2 years the finish was wearing off and it looked like it had been through the mill. I once dropped it in a crowded bar and the battery cover flew off and the battery fell out. I thought it was dead for sure but not. Had it been in a case it would have stayed together. I highly recommend a case.
    how's the seidio dock? i heard from some people that sometimes you have to wiggle it around for it to make contact and charge.
    02-08-10 11:26 PM
    Initially I used the Incipio case but started to get a bit paranoid so got a Otterbox Commuter.

I use the screen protector that came with the Otterbox, which is just about OK.

I do occasionally use the belt clip thingy really don't like them but the Otterbox fits snuggly in there.

You pays your money and take your choice. Me I would rather have a case than cough up for a replacement phone.
    02-09-10 12:21 AM
    I just bought a 9700 and I definitely want a case. One because I want to protect the phone, but also because I've been using the 9000, and I like the size of it. Unfortunately I have this curse where I have to research the living h*ll out of something before I buy it. So I've been reading everything possible about pretty much every case out there. I was leaning towards a Seidio Innocase 360 or an Otterbox Defender. But I saw the Epik Resin cases and have only heard good things, and being that they're only $8 shipped, I decided to try that out first.

I really like the thought of the OtterBox Defender, I'm just not sure if I wanna give up using a dock, and I really don't think I'd want to take the case off every night. So I was kinda set on the 360 with the Seidio dock, but I heard some bad things about it, a lot of people had to put it in the dock 4-5 times before it made the connection. So I think I'm gonna check out the Epik case cause it's easy to take off, but I guess it doesn't collect dust like silicone, and it slides into the pocket easier. The only thing I'm not real excited about is that I really do wanna make the phone a bit bigger, and the Epik case is very small.

[/overdramatic indecisive rant]
    02-09-10 12:41 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD