02-08-10 11:41 PM
45 12
    I have like a silicone case for my bold and it makes it a bit chunkier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 12:13 PM
    I am very anal about any sort of mark on my phone so I elect to always have a case when out of the house on my BB's. Varies from person to person.
    02-05-10 12:15 PM
    try the seidio innocase II it's not bulky and the phone feel's good in my hand... if a case is necerssary or not that's up to you... with my 9000 bold i didn't have a case and it was ok, but on my 9700 for reason i felt a case was better then a naked berry
    02-05-10 12:16 PM
    I use a otterbox defender to make sure my phone stays in tip top shape.. I think its necessary
    02-05-10 01:02 PM
    I have always been a phone case user and I still have every phone I have ever owned in near perfect condition. I have had some pretty bad drops and the case is what saves the phone. I don't have insurance on my phone other then the case so its a must for me. I can't pay for a new phone at full price. I also think there is a case out there for everyone. Search around and find the least bulkey case. The innnocase I have is very thin and ads little bulk to the phone. Its also easy to get on or off. I take it off when I'm at home.
    02-05-10 01:22 PM
    I felt like a naked cat in a cactus patch handling my 9700 until I got an OEM skin onto it. I actually like the *slight* extra bulk it gives the 9700. Makes the phone fit my hands better and more comfortably.

Having heard horror stories about people dropping/crushing/maiming their BBs and iPhones, I think some kind of protection is HIGHLY recommended. I use the OEM silicone skin and OEM holster, just as I did for my 8300. Dropped the 8300 just a few times in 2.5 years, and the skin saved it from damage completely. My son is using it now, and I just ordered an Otterbox Commuter for my 9700 today.
    02-05-10 01:25 PM
    I use a otterbox defender to make sure my phone stays in tip top shape.. I think its necessary
    The otterbox commuter is nice too, and nowhere near as bulky as the defender.
    02-05-10 01:29 PM
    i don't like using a case with mine. I baby it hard core anyway. I do have a white oem silicon case when i know that i will be doing something that can damage my phone.
    02-05-10 01:30 PM
    I don't like the thick bulky cases that takes away from the phone's appearance so I just use the EPIK case that is barely noticeable.
    02-05-10 01:41 PM
    The otterbox commuter is nice too, and nowhere near as bulky as the defender.
    Gotta get my hands on one of these. I have an impact series and don't really like it. It get's too linty when in my jacket pocket. Drives me nutes.
    02-05-10 01:59 PM
    I just use a holster when im out of the house.
    02-05-10 02:04 PM
    I don't like the cases. I love the way the phone feels naked.

02-05-10 02:52 PM
    Since it's new I want to protect it as long as I can.

I use RIM's Slicone Skin and the Holster.
    02-05-10 03:02 PM
    Im using a case-mate barely there and have an Incipio on the way. i always use something on them. I havent dropped one of my berries but like 3 times in 4 years, but you never know............
    02-05-10 03:06 PM
    I change my Bold bezel.. and Carry it with hard Case, and sometime with Oem Holster, it look Good
    02-05-10 06:04 PM
    Not necessary but i resell often so I like to keep it in good shape.
    02-05-10 06:15 PM
    Nope, gets too bulky. I dropped mine once though on concrete, and it made some small dents in the bezel/case in a few places, but still not gonna put on a case after that.
    02-05-10 06:20 PM
    I put an Incipio feather case on it when at the gym. When I know I'm gonna just
    sort of throw the phone around. Other than that the phone goes commando pretty
    much always.

I just dropped my phone 30 minutes ago and I've only had it for 2 days. Phone
    still works great.
    02-05-10 06:49 PM
    I ordered an otterbox defender a week ago, got it tonight. Put it on the phone, and then shortly after, dropped it accidentally. IMO the defender doesn't have much bulk. I appreciate the protection it offers due to my harsh work environment(s). I'm a wild blueberry farmer, and there's a lot more that goes into freezing a berry than most people imagine, yes i've gotten my blackberry really cold too lol.
    02-05-10 07:45 PM
    I think that the holster that came with the device is amazing. I will not buy another case or skin more device.

02-05-10 07:46 PM
    I'm using the holster it came with and a cute silicone case too but I'm waiting for the Otterbox defender that I ordered to arrive this week.

(I'm incredibly clumsy and have shattered an iphone already but really I kill most electronics just by staring them down so I need all the help I can get. Throw in two little kids and a slobbery dog and -45 temperatures and I'll get my money's worth out of the Otter, I bet.)
    02-05-10 11:08 PM
    i think its better to have a case on it. i mean if you have a bad drop... thats a $600 phone down the drain. though if you have insurance it doesnt matter. but i'd hate to seen my phone with scratches on it! also you could get the full body invisible shield on your phone like me it gives extra grip.
    02-07-10 11:06 PM
    i put on the seidio innocase when i go out. the oem holster is too bulky. the extra bulk of the innocase actually makes me type better as i get a better grip on the phone.
    02-07-10 11:40 PM
    Everything in life is a trade off.

I use a Defender, and of course it adds some bulk..thats the point! If you cant live with that, dont buy it.

No free lunch.

You want minimal protection against a scratch or something, then you purchase one of those thin skin things because thats all they are good for.

If you really do have a job/life where the phone might get dropped, or smacked, or go outside in a light rain, then you have to do more, at LEAST a Commuter type case.

My old 8830WE was about the perfect size for my hands and although the 9700 is a real sleek phone, the Defender case makes it around the same size. I also really like the looks of it, but thats subjective. Many on here think it looks fugly.

I also use the holster that came with the Defender. Mine snaps in VERY securely and it has the magnet as well.
    02-08-10 01:31 AM
    I like and use the Case Mate Tough Hybrid. Love it!
    02-08-10 03:14 AM
45 12