I'm probably gonna buy a 16 gig microSD card and use my BlackBerry as an MP3 player.. unfortunately, this kills the battery. Do they have any combo FM Transmitters/Car Chargers for it? Thanks!
    11-02-08 09:40 AM
    I have not seen one but I have used my Curve 8310 as an mp3 player in the car. If the car has the AUX slot it will work with the right cord. I was shocked when I tired it and it worked great. I plugged one end into the headphone jack on the Curve and the other into the car radio and pressed the AUX button and it was on. I just used the regular car charger to keep the batter full.
    11-02-08 09:44 AM
    Hmm.. I don't think mine does have an AUX input. DAMN!
    11-02-08 09:56 AM
    What version OS is your Curve running? Make sure the OS is compatible with a 16GB Media Card. Check out the "Media Cards Explained" link in my signature.

Also, if you plan on buying a aftermarket non-blackberry charger, make sure the output rating (voltage and amperage) is the same as the input rating on the BB. Normally 5V/700mA.
    11-02-08 10:02 AM
    u can always use moodio for radio
    11-02-08 11:18 AM
    u can always use moodio for radio
    Not what I wanted to do at all but thanks for replying anyway?

What version OS is your Curve running? Make sure the OS is compatible with a 16GB Media Card. Check out the "Media Cards Explained" link in my signature.

Also, if you plan on buying a aftermarket non-blackberry charger, make sure the output rating (voltage and amperage) is the same as the input rating on the BB. Normally 5V/700mA.
    It's 4.5.0.81.
    11-02-08 01:41 PM
    I'm probably gonna buy a 16 gig microSD card and use my BlackBerry as an MP3 player.. unfortunately, this kills the battery. Do they have any combo FM Transmitters/Car Chargers for it? Thanks!
    I got a $15 FM transmitter from Fry's a few months back. I didn't see anything that also had a mini USB charger built in (not to say that they are not out there).

But, I was extremely disappointed with the FM transmitter performance. I had no problems locking on to the frequency. The transmitter gives you 4 choices on the upper 107 end. It would play fine and then BZZZZZZZZ. I would get all kinds of interference for a few seconds. Then it was fine, and two minutes later BUZZZZZ.

Turns out it was my Berry transferring data (emails, calendar sync, etc.) and it totally messed with the FM transmission. Then only way I could get to actually listen to music in peace was to shut off the wireless network which was extremely impractical.

Maybe higher end transmitters work better?
    11-02-08 07:14 PM
    Phrostbyte, what vehicle are putting this in? I know some newer cars may have an accessory AUX plug available at your dealership allowing you to wire into the car's antenna instead of using an FM transmitter.
    11-02-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD