Random question because I've been using a had shell case, and less lint and dust have come into the screen [knock on wood] than it did with my rubber case. Like I can slide it into my pocket and I wont see a storm full of pocket lint and shedding jean material. However with the rubber case, it does. Anyone have any idea?
    06-24-09 12:28 PM
    Ive got the OtterBox, which hsa a rubber outer case. I carry it in the OtterBox holster, but I've never noticed it attracting any lint/dust. Though, a pocket is a natural lint collection.
    06-24-09 12:34 PM
    I have the case mate skin; so far I have no dust problems. But the skin does attract lint, but it sticks to the skin.
    06-24-09 12:35 PM
    I don't know about 3rd party skins but the Blackberry Tough Skin attracts dust/lint like a magnet!!!!

I stopped using it because of that. Since i switched back to the leather belt clip when I got my replacement I haven't had any dust issues.
    06-24-09 12:37 PM
    I have an Incipio Feather case for my Storm and while it is a nice case it does collect dust and such between the case and the phone as any case would. I don't know that this necessarily translates to more under the screen but I would imagine it certainly doesn't help the situation.
    06-24-09 01:15 PM
    I had the BB Tuff Skin but dumped it too. It attracted all sorts of dirt and stuf, was a pain to get out of my pocket in a hurry (missed a few calls) and if I had the BB in my shirt pocket anything else I put in there would come out when I went to use the phone.

That said if I spent a lot of time in my car I would have kept it because the grip I was so good I could put it on the dash with no fear of it sliding around.

now I just carry a necked Storm with just the screen protector and have not had any issues.
    06-24-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD