Hey guys,

iPhone switcher here. I'm so used to having to pamper my phone (which I hate doing) and now that I'm done with iPhone, my old habits are starting to carry over to my Tour. I did purchase Verizon Insurance (7.99/mo), but I'd basically like to hear from you guys about the actual durability of this phone. Do I need a screen protector or a case? What is the typical consensus (if there is one) about blackberry cases? I just got this phone 4 days ago.

Thanks,
    Craig
    09-05-09 12:00 PM
    Personaly, i cant use my phoen without some sort of protection. Screen protector is a must (Ever had anyone use ur phone who has earings on?). As for case im waiting for the Feather case from incipio since i dont want too muich bulk added by i dont like having my phone naked.
    09-05-09 12:07 PM
    Do you want your phone dirty, scratched and scuffed or not? All phones have durability limits and will be damaged to some degree if dropped (depending upon the height, landing angle, surface, etc.) but even normal wear and tear will have an impact eventually. This is really a personal preference decision. I use both a screen guard and a case but I am semi OCD and I hyphenate anal-retentive. Other Tour owners could care less and I'm sure that there are many in between.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 12:14 PM
    I think u should have some sort of case of the phone. Seidio makes some good cases that do not add any bulk to the phone and carry some nice screen protectors.
    09-05-09 12:18 PM
    Unfortunately this phone is a finger print magnet as well so you might want a silicon case, the incipio ones looks really great thin as **** and protects it from getting scratched. If you have the sprint version, it will tend to show more scratches if you don't protect it because it has a silver bezel. But if you don't care and like to leave it in your pocket I would get a screen protector, maybe a pouch

09-05-09 12:25 PM
    Case and screen protector is a must. Using the epik case rt now. thinking of getting an innocase 360
    09-05-09 12:38 PM
    I ordered the Seidio Innocase II w/ the holster combo the other day - should be here Wednesday. I tried a Zagg invisishield (full body) and I hated it - all I left on was the screen protector, which is still all I have protecting my phone during carry besides the OEM magnet holster. IMHO, screen protector is a must!
    09-05-09 12:44 PM
    i have the tour and i have a screen protector on it and i ordered an epik case for it off ebay for 4.99 and love it so far...
    09-05-09 01:52 PM
    I would suggest a full body skin for it either from best skins ever, phantom skinz or invisible shield. From what I've seen on the site it seems bse and phantom skinz are the preferred body skin though I got an invisible skin for mine and just finished installing it, for my use the invisible shield provides enough protection.
    09-05-09 02:13 PM
    A resounding... YES!
    09-05-09 02:14 PM
    The Incipio feather case says it'll work with most charging docks. How will it charge with the case on the metal pieces?
    09-05-09 03:39 PM
    i have the tour and i have a screen protector on it and i ordered an epik case for it off ebay for 4.99 and love it so far...
    Me too. also ordered the innocase 2 and holster.
    09-05-09 03:49 PM
    you always want at least a screen protector on. Phantomskinz makes one of the best screen protectors out on the market. I have that on my Tour screen and can't even tell its on there.

after all, this is a 500 dollar phone, you at least need a screen protector to keep it looking good
    09-05-09 03:55 PM
    Honestly, do some homework on the cases.

I totally prefer the Siedio Innocase I. Get their screen protector too and you can send me a thank you email later. Hands down the best combo.
    09-05-09 06:23 PM
    I have both a screen protector ( pain in the *** to put on w/o Air Bubbles) but this is a must to prevent scratches- I also have tried several different skins/ cases for protection from dropping etc- I like the body glove the best- a little bulky but quote solid and I love the rubberized feel- the best in my book- better than Seidio-
    //
    Fred
    09-05-09 06:36 PM
    I have both a screen protector ( pain in the *** to put on w/o Air Bubbles) but this is a must to prevent scratches
    The Seidio ultimate screen guard is a bubble free film. It is made from what appears to be a stiffer plastic - perhaps polyester. Easy to install bubble free.

Again, you can't go wrong with Seidio.

I don't work for these guys, but they are the best... their case too.
    09-05-09 06:54 PM
    +1 for Seidio screen protectors.

If you NEED a screen protector or not is a personal preference. Personally, I wouldn't think of not having one.

It's like a seatbelt, hopefully you'll never have a need for it, but if you do you'll be darn thankful you had it on.

09-05-09 07:38 PM
    i have a privacy screen protector on mine but i am thinking about a Seidio case... i just dont want any bulk.
    09-05-09 07:42 PM
    I just have the cheapo Verizon silicone case and privacy protector. I know its not much but I dare wouldn't carry my Tour in my pocket or anywhere for that matter "naked". I'm waiting for the Incipio Feather to come out to decide if I want the Innocase I or II or the Feather.

Well after looking more closesly i'll prob go with one of the seidio cases. The Feather looks great on the Tour, BUT, it also looks like the chrome bezel (black chrome for Verizon users) isn't protected at all by the case. I guess i'll just have to wait for the production units to ship and get the review here before i buy.

Last edited by jimmysvt; 09-05-09 at 09:33 PM.
    09-05-09 08:22 PM
    The Seidio ultimate screen guard is a bubble free film. It is made from what appears to be a stiffer plastic - perhaps polyester. Easy to install bubble free.

Again, you can't go wrong with Seidio.

I don't work for these guys, but they are the best... their case too.
    No wonder I was able to install it so easily when the rest were so rough.

BTW: I use the Innocase II with the Ultimate Screen Guard. I also have the Seidio belt pouch for when I'm at work.
    09-05-09 10:48 PM
    Silicone case for sure. The BlackBerry silicone case is very thin and I found that the silicone case I bought at the Sprint Store is thicker and protects more. I don't use screen protecters but not a bad idea. I am as anal as anyone when it comes to protecting my baby so I say a silicone case for sure. A little bulkiness is a good trade for protection in my book.
    09-05-09 11:04 PM
    I just left on the.thin plastic screen protector that came on the phone. I cut the nub off (that's used to tear it off) and have been using that. It may not provide much protection, but it does not hinder the screen viewability like the last screen protector I had tried.

09-05-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD