03-22-10 04:28 PM
51 123
tools
    my first choice is Invisable sheild, just becuase I used them in the past and like how they are, but like you said they don't have one out and was told by Invisable sheild when I called them was if they got enough request for the Tour, they will make one... for now phantomskinz has a sheild out for the tour, so I'm having to get one of those until Invisable sheild gets off there **** and makes one for the tour
    Yeah, that's what irks me. The Tour will undoubtedly be a big seller, but they're going to wait until someone is willing to send theirs in to them so they can make a template and start producing them. Like you said, in the meantime I'll just have to find an acceptable substitute, be it another brand or an Invisible Shield meant for another product cut to size or otherwise made to work.
    06-29-09 03:33 PM
    Just got an email notification that my PhantomSkinz shipped.
    07-13-09 11:10 AM
    Just got an email notification that my PhantomSkinz shipped.
    Mine did too. Any idea when we will get them?
    Prob 1-2 days?
    07-13-09 11:12 AM
    i suggest purchasing the INVISIBLE SHILED FOR THE CURVE 8900. the screen is the exact same size, so i just bought that one and put it on my TOUR.
    07-13-09 01:00 PM
    I asked for a screen protector at the Verizon store and they gave me the one I had for the Curve? The screen sizes are identical?
    07-14-09 09:07 AM
    I bought one of the VZW brand privacy screens when I got my Tour on Sunday and it looks like complete **** already. Is it possible to put a screen protector over over a privacy screen or does this horrific privacy screen act as protector?
    07-14-09 12:01 PM
    it does for few days only...Get a nice screen protector.
    07-14-09 12:12 PM
    I put on the screen protector sold in the CB store and it does not diminish the vibrancy of the display.

I have always thought it was a good idea to use a SP.

Careful putting it on though. I messed up the first one, but the second (comes with 3) is perfect...just like my Tour.

Enjoy yours!
    07-14-09 03:05 PM
    Well I kept the factory one on hopefully it last

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:19 PM
    I asked for a screen protector at the Verizon store and they gave me the one I had for the Curve? The screen sizes are identical?
    The protectors at the Verizon store for the Curve are just a rectangle, so you have to cut out the size of the screen so it will fit.

I purchased them and it's HORRIBLE. The cutting is difficult, and it's hard to find onto the screen because the bumps at the top and the bottom cause air bubbles which make it looks horrible.

I'll check out the Invisible Shield. Otherwise, I'll be going with a naked screen because I'm not going to put a horrible looking protector on there.
    07-14-09 03:23 PM
    i suggest purchasing the INVISIBLE SHILED FOR THE CURVE 8900. the screen is the exact same size, so i just bought that one and put it on my TOUR.
    Yup, that's what I did. I purchased my Tour at Best Buy on Sunday and I asked for an Invisible Shield as well. They didn't have the exact one for the Tour, but they did recommend the one for the Curve 8900. They said the screen size was the same. They installed it for me and it came out great. When the screen is off you can slightly tell there's a protector on it, but once I start using the phone, I can't tell and completely forget about it.
    07-14-09 03:41 PM
    Light tapping on it sounds like plastic. I won't chance it. A screen protector is cheap insurance.
    07-15-09 06:17 PM
    Ordered a protector for my Curve last year off Amazon. They sent me a case of 15 instead of a unit. Thankfully it fits the Tour really well. If I have a problem with a bubble (did on first try), I just chuck it and try again until I get it right. I'm practicing safe Touring now;-)
    07-15-09 06:49 PM
    i used invisible shield. it practically invisible.
    07-15-09 07:26 PM
    what is the invisible shield? i tried to google it and all i see is a like a case... is it a screen protector? or the whole thing??
    07-15-09 07:33 PM
    I just ordered a screen protector from Clarivue for my Tour. I get the 8900's screen protector !!!
    07-16-09 11:19 PM
    phantom skinz has a coupon right now for 33% off.

coupon code: independence33
    07-16-09 11:33 PM
    Just placed an order for an Invisashield for the Tour.

Its now on their website.
    07-16-09 11:33 PM
    Mine did too. Any idea when we will get them?
    Prob 1-2 days?
    got my phantomskinz today!! Nice and clear. Not rippled like invisible shield.
    07-17-09 12:02 AM
    Paid for Priority Mail (2-3 days). Nothing yesterday, but I did receive my Invisible Shield that I ordered on Monday the 13th.
    07-17-09 07:32 AM
    go to verizon and buy one. 10 bucks
    07-17-09 09:30 PM
    The ones that Verizon sells are okay for using while you're waiting on another order to arrive, but are a poor solution for long-term use.

Still waiting on mine from Phantom Skinz. So much for priority mail. I went ahead and put an Invisible Shield on my wife's Tour.
    07-18-09 07:09 AM
    I ordered my phantom on monday and it arrived on Friday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 07:20 AM
    get it from ebay ...the best place
    07-18-09 08:30 AM
    Never a bad investment getting a screen protector, so long as you apply it properly so that it looks invisible.
    All BlackBerry screens are scratch-resistant but not scratch-proof. Once your screen is scratched, there is no way to fix it without replacement of the screen itself or your BlackBerry. A screen protector is cheap, easy to install, and will give you peace of mind.
    03-22-10 01:01 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD