So me and my wife share a facebook account and I like to keep my bold in the oem holster it came with and every time I get a notification and pull it out of the holster it open the notification, wether it be facebook text or email. I was wondering if there was a way to disable this so that my wife can see the notifications as new if I don't want to check it. Any help would be great thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 09:55 AM
    There is no way to turn it off. Most people suggest that you wait 10-15 seconds after the alert before removing the BB from the holster. Or you can take the magnet out of the holster, those are the only options unfortunately
    12-15-10 10:49 AM
    Ok thanks, I guess ill just start carrying it in my pocket or get a new holster

12-15-10 11:45 AM
    The device was designed with that 'quick draw' feature in mind for 'power users' and business types who do not want to waste time looking for the message they just got. I've seen a lot of folks gripe about it, and as Nozzles pointed out, the 'wait and look' approach has been the only real effective way to deal with the 'problem'.

12-15-10 11:45 AM
    Is this what you are looking for??

Go into Messages and get into into Options
    Choose Message Display (so something like that. I'm looking at OS6 right now)
    Move down to the bottom under actions and change "Auto Open Newest Message after removing device from Holster" to NEVER.

This way you can remove the device from the holster without it popping into the notification/text/e-mail.

Hope this is what you are looking for..
    Nozzles Brewin likes this.
    12-15-10 11:54 AM
    Thanks I'm using os6 now too. That's exactly what I was looking for

12-15-10 01:51 PM
    Is this what you are looking for??

Go into Messages and get into into Options
    Choose Message Display (so something like that. I'm looking at OS6 right now)
    Move down to the bottom under actions and change "Auto Open Newest Message after removing device from Holster" to NEVER.

This way you can remove the device from the holster without it popping into the notification/text/e-mail.

Hope this is what you are looking for..
    This must be a new feature as of os 6, I should've looked for that first, kudos for the find!
    12-15-10 02:59 PM
    This must be a new feature as of os 6, I should've looked for that first, kudos for the find!
    Your quite welcome. It actually exists in OS5 since I had the same setting on my 9000.
    12-17-10 09:30 AM
    it is the same to turn it off with .975
    12-17-10 12:25 PM
    yes this is in OS5,i use it myself.only thing is,that it doesn't work for facebook.just bbm,text,email.but i usually ddon't grab for my bb as soon asit goes off anyway,so facebook doesn't open as soon as i get a notification.
    12-18-10 07:59 PM
    The feature to turn of opening messages on removing the device from the holster has been in existance at least since 4.7. I had that set on my Tour when I first got it, I don't want the thing to open messages until I want to do so. Don't know a thing about FB, don't have an account, don't have the app, don't want it period. (My wife does FB, just not for me)
    12-18-10 08:11 PM
    well, ya learn something new every day
    12-19-10 12:34 PM
    I have a 9780 running the AVEA update, I see that option it's off, but that only applies to the emails and text. Is there a fix for Facebook for this?
    02-10-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD