Well I've been contemplating purchasing the crimson body panels from various BB parts websites and I've noticed that many places don't really sell anything for the 8330.

Are the different models of the 83xx phones that different in terms of size or body panels, etc? I figured it was just features and different carriers.

Can anybody shed some light on the situation?
    07-09-08 11:48 PM
    Well I've been contemplating purchasing the crimson body panels from various BB parts websites and I've noticed that many places don't really sell anything for the 8330.

Are the different models of the 83xx phones that different in terms of size or body panels, etc? I figured it was just features and different carriers.

Can anybody shed some light on the situation?
    Unfortunately, the 8330 housing is different from all the others.
    07-09-08 11:50 PM
    Unfortunately, the 8330 housing is different from all the others.
    seriously? In what way?

That sucks...
    07-09-08 11:57 PM
    I bought a 2 piece hard case for my 8330 on EBAY. It's a cheap case. I got it with 2 screen protectors for less than 6 bucks shipped. But at any rate the case snaps together all around. And at the top is the issue I am having. It wont close uptop. Also it looks like the opening for the flashing light doesn't line up right. I took the case off and made sure that it closed completely and it works without my BB in it LOL. It serves it's purpose though
    07-10-08 02:22 AM
    you can completely rehouse your phone with an 8300, 8310, or 8320 housing, but you have to replace the full housing plus keyboard tray.

the housing for the 8330 differs as stated, but the internals are all laid out the same so you can swap like i said... but you just cant swap individual housing parts except the battery cover.
    07-10-08 03:35 AM
    I see. How come nobody sells 8330 parts yet? So far the only parts for the 8330 I can find for sale are the plastic LCD cover screen and the trackball. No replacement face plates, side rails, etc like for the rest of the curve phones. Anybody know where I can purchase them? I'd like to get my hands on such things.
    07-10-08 08:54 PM
    well apparently the parts for the 8330 haven't been released for sale to vendors or repair shops yet
    07-11-08 11:09 PM
    well apparently the parts for the 8330 haven't been released for sale to vendors or repair shops yet
    device is too new. all available parts are being used to produce whole phones. once demand slows and parts start to backup, then you'll see them released.
    07-11-08 11:59 PM
    when was the 8330 released?
    07-12-08 07:11 PM
    I had mine in the beginning of may.

Some other carriers had it in April.....
    07-12-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD