Hey-can someone tell me what the difference is between the regular wall charger and the charging pod docks they sell??? is there a difference? Thanks!
    05-20-09 11:27 PM
    The included "travel charger" is just a standard USB plugin charger. The pod dock is a standalone drop in charger for one specific phone model. The powerstation is a system with interchangeable model-specific parts, and it is both a drop-in charger for your phone and a charger for a second battery.

Drop-in means just that. You just drop your phone in the charger (without a case) and it charges.
    05-20-09 11:29 PM
    I bought the charging pod (desktop stand) and thought I'd bought a fake at first because the Blackberry logo doesn't light up. Apparently it doesn't, despite the blackberry site claiming it did.
    05-21-09 08:15 PM
    Using a pod will reduce the wear and tear on your plug - something that can wear out with repeated use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:21 PM
    Oh yeah, and the Powerstation has a real beefy power supply... it'll charge your battery really fast. I don't know if the pod dock has this; RIM says it's because the power station can charge both phone and a second battery at the same time.

If you didn't know, the travel charger will charge your battery faster than a USB connection to a computer. I would expect the pod probably charges at the same rate as the travel charger.
    05-21-09 08:32 PM
    A charger station in some cases have an extra slo for a battery to also charge and the pod is a desktop charging stand for just your BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:08 PM
    Pod Charges Only, Doesn't Sync And Instructions That Came With It Says Not To Connect It To You Computer..
    Wth. Looks Cool Tho
    05-21-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD