I recently traded in my Palm and upgraded to a Curve. I love it. The one thing I miss is my diet and exercise program that I had on the Palm. It was a very basic system that tracked what I ate and how much I exercised, my weight, etc. It used a list structure that was preloaded with common foods and that I could update.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for Diet and Exercise software that works with the BB?

Thanks!
    02-07-08 04:36 PM
    I too have been looking for a good program. I have trialed ascendo fitness, which is good but too much of a program for me. Right now I have a trial for diet organizer (I had to go the website for an OTA download) it is simple and so far I like it. Diet organizer doesn't log exercise, though. I did a google search for diet programs and found a website that is blackberry friendly. It is myfitnesspal.com and you can log your food from your berry. It was exactly what I was looking for. I hope this helps. Good luck on your search! let me know how it goes. diana
    02-07-08 05:09 PM
    I too have been looking for a good program. I have trialed ascendo fitness, which is good but too much of a program for me. Right now I have a trial for diet organizer (I had to go the website for an OTA download) it is simple and so far I like it. Diet organizer doesn't log exercise, though. I did a google search for diet programs and found a website that is blackberry friendly. It is myfitnesspal.com and you can log your food from your berry. It was exactly what I was looking for. I hope this helps. Good luck on your search! let me know how it goes. diana
    Diana,
    How do you enter your foods on there? I can get as far as bringing up the food list, but then when I click on it nothing happens.

AC
    07-09-08 05:08 PM
    I'm looking for a software that will track Weight Watcher points.
    Weight Watchers has "On-The-Go" software, but it's only for Palm OS.
    If anyone has any idea where I can get said software, I'd be happy to hear!
    07-10-08 01:18 AM
    I am also looking for a WW calculator, tracker and points program- can't find anything!! Let me know if you have found anything!
    07-10-08 12:19 PM
    Diana,
    How do you enter your foods on there? I can get as far as bringing up the food list, but then when I click on it nothing happens.

AC
    Ditto for me....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 12:13 PM
    Hey everyone. Hopefully I can help here. A couple of friends and I have just developed an online fitness application. We basically allow you to setup your workout routine online on our website and then use your blackberry to track your workout stats as you workout at the gym. You can also track your body stats. Unfortunately you cannot track your diet just yet... but something I can obviously see will be useful so I should take this back to the team.

But as far as workign out, you can log into our online app anytime to chart your progress and alter your workout routines as necessary. For any changes you make to your routine, they automatically update your online library so when you hit the gym the next time, it shows you the changes. All you have to do is workout and track!

So anyway, we just released version 1 last week (Jul 22/08) - and we're looking to get some great feedback and have people basically use it, and let us know what we can add to make it better. We have some exciting features coming up but would love to hear from all of you.

Our product is called Gymtechnik. In fact you can easily find it by doing a google search on the word "Gymtechnik"

You'll have to visit our online site using your computer first to setup your account.

Thanks and appreciate all the support! Once again, please do let us know how we can improve it and what features we can add! Thansk to All!

Fitgeek.
    07-29-08 01:54 AM
    This is a nice site. I registered and I am gonna try it out monday.
    07-30-08 03:29 PM
    They had a diet point tracker in the software section of this website.the problem is it is no longer listed.
    If anyone knows where one is, please post it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 05:12 PM
    For those of you who are on Weight Watchers, I have some good news!
    As you know, WW has "On-The-Go" which used to be for Palm based devices only. They have announced that they will introduce "something new" I think in January, and they say it will work on BB's!
    I don't think it will be something to sync, I think it could be a mobile website, or something.
    07-31-08 06:13 PM
    I have a WW points calculator installed on my BB. I found the app while searching around online one day. It works and looks very authentic.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link of the download here so PM me if u would like it.
    07-31-08 09:33 PM
    Hey everyone. Hopefully I can help here. A couple of friends and I have just developed an online fitness application. We basically allow you to setup your workout routine online on our website and then use your blackberry to track your workout stats as you workout at the gym. You can also track your body stats. Unfortunately you cannot track your diet just yet... but something I can obviously see will be useful so I should take this back to the team.

But as far as workign out, you can log into our online app anytime to chart your progress and alter your workout routines as necessary. For any changes you make to your routine, they automatically update your online library so when you hit the gym the next time, it shows you the changes. All you have to do is workout and track!

So anyway, we just released version 1 last week (Jul 22/08) - and we're looking to get some great feedback and have people basically use it, and let us know what we can add to make it better. We have some exciting features coming up but would love to hear from all of you.

Our product is called Gymtechnik. In fact you can easily find it by doing a google search on the word "Gymtechnik"

You'll have to visit our online site using your computer first to setup your account.

Thanks and appreciate all the support! Once again, please do let us know how we can improve it and what features we can add! Thansk to All!

Fitgeek.
    Thanks for letting us know about the site. I usually use my memopad on the BB to keep track of my workouts by day. But now I think I'm gonna switch to using this site, to see how well it works.
    07-31-08 10:03 PM
    e2the2nd - Thank you very much for signing up. I hope you find our service useful and note that we have plenty of exciting features coming down the road so check our website for updates.

boost3d23 - Thank you for your support too. I hope this works out well and if you notice that the service does not provide you with features that render the app useful, please do let me know how we can improve.

Thanks again!

fitgeek.
    08-05-08 10:33 PM
    Hi fitgeek,
    Just read your thread and signed up also!! I need to get motivated again and I think this will give me the push I need!!! thanks for posting!!!!
    08-05-08 10:59 PM
    Strevi69 - Thanks for the support! If Gymtechnik does not meet your workout tracking needs in any way, let us know through our "Support" section on the website and we will be sure to find a solution that will work for you.

Fitgeek.
    08-06-08 12:26 PM
    Here is the .zip file for the WW Points Calculator that I posted about. You will need Desktop Manager to install it on your BB.
    Did you take the link out or am I missing something here?

I would like to have this as well.
    Dennis
    08-16-08 04:27 PM
    I am also looking for a WW calculator, tracker and points program- can't find anything!! Let me know if you have found anything!
    LOL, I am looking for the same thing......keep me in the loop.....
    08-16-08 09:02 PM

Dennis
    I think that you can't post links till you've been here a while.....but I'd love to have that as well.
    08-16-08 09:03 PM
    I think that you can't post links till you've been here a while.....but I'd love to have that as well.
    Oh, you're right... so I guess we'll have to wait.

Dennis
    08-16-08 09:28 PM

Dennis
    Originally Posted by seenred
    Here is the link for the WW points calculator download that I found, you will need Desktop Manager to install it to your BB.

www(dot)livingscrapbooks(dot)com/pearlvideo(dot)htm
    copy and paste and change the (dot) for a (.)
    (btw..it's the second pink link on the page)

It's only the calculator I'm still searching for a tracker but this is at least a step closer.

Hope this helps!
    08-19-08 05:19 PM
    Oh, you're right... so I guess we'll have to wait.

Dennis
    Sorry about that... I guess they blocked the link and the uploaded .zip file from my previous postings.

WWpoints calculator:

08-19-08 05:24 PM
    Sorry about that... I guess they blocked the link and the uploaded .zip file from my previous postings.

WWpoints calculator:

Thanks seenred for the link, I'll download and get ready for my 'first' Blackberry... Although, I have a while to wait, since I can't upgrade until the middle of October, but nothing like being ready...

SeenRed's link
    (btw..it's the second pink link on the page)

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-19-08 at 09:43 PM.
    08-19-08 09:37 PM
    Sorry I am new to this and I'm not sure how to download this using my desktop manager. I tried a couple of different things, but I keep getting an error.

Could someone help?
    09-22-08 10:53 AM
    i am tell about the e book that help use to how fit your self
    =======================
    01-25-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD