12-22-08 06:31 PM
65 123
tools
    I have two cradle "pods" for my phone - Verizon is way cheaper than most places on the net - at least they were upon initial purchase. The good news is that it is functional and attractive and is a good night clock and alarm. The bad news is that the fit is so tight (we want that) that with one exception you can not have ANY case on it to maintain the fit. However I did put BodyGuardz front, back and button side protectors on it (I did not attach the metal guards) and it barely fits with some effort. It may have done better had I not put on the side protectors at all. In all, I would still buy the cradle. It itself protects the unit when on a desk or a night stand. I do have one for the night stand for overnight charging. One for the office and I am thinking of getting a third for use in my home-office where I back-up and sync.
    12-22-08 12:44 PM
    Cheapest price on the cradle out there ($21 and change shipped)...ordered one last week, shipped in a day and have it next to the bed...the clock is really cool.

Newegg.com - BlackBerry 84606 Silver Chrome Desktop Charging/Sync Pod For Storm - Cell Phone Accessories
    12-22-08 12:47 PM
    Love how it looks. Only problem I have (never did figure out how to fix it) is that whenever I put it in bedside mode (or clockmode) - I can't get it to stay to show the clock. It eventually dims and shuts off the screen. Or in other settings, it dims, then goes to the main menu screen and stays on. I don't seem to be in the majority when it comes to this issue though. I wish so badly, I could fix it though. No one has been able to help so far.
    12-22-08 12:53 PM
    Love how it looks. Only problem I have (never did figure out how to fix it) is that whenever I put it in bedside mode (or clockmode) - I can't get it to stay to show the clock. It eventually dims and shuts off the screen. Or in other settings, it dims, then goes to the main menu screen and stays on. I don't seem to be in the majority when it comes to this issue though. I wish so badly, I could fix it though. No one has been able to help so far.
    while you have the clock up and running, hit the bb button>options...under bedside mode, it has an option for automatic dim...turn that off and you're on your way...
    12-22-08 01:04 PM
    Thanks, but when I do that, it either:
    1) shuts down the screen without dimming the clock

or

2) clock stays on, but after awhile, it switches itself to the home screen and stays on.

I have no idea what's going on with my phone. It just doesn't seem to like the clock.
    12-22-08 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    12-22-08 01:13 PM
    I sold me dock since I cannot keep my hard cases on the phone & use the cradle. It was nice but I have my hard cases on their for a reason. I wish someone would make one that could accommodate cases. ...sigh...
    12-22-08 01:14 PM
    Works Great I'm getting another one.. cause it works in the car..I put my phone in it while using VZnavigator looks like a real GPS sitting on my dash and no need to look down at my phone... and it keeps it charged. Looks really nice in the cradle too....
    12-22-08 01:32 PM
    Search eBay for "storm cradle" and you will find a couple non-OEM ones that claim to have just that -- but I haven't tried them... I can only vouch for the OEM cradle, which has been working great for me at home and at work (I have 2)
    And it will also charge the Seido extended battery(as a spare)when it comes out. IN STOCK NOW and two day shipping can get it to you Wednesday before the Holiday. Awesome present for a "STORMIE".

Amzer makes quality stuff for Blackberry and I've never had a problem with any of their products.

Amzer Desktop Cradle with Extra Battery Charging Slot For Blackberry - BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Fommy.com

Good luck.
    12-22-08 01:47 PM
    It froze b/c it couldn't stop staring at your wallpaper ...
    12-22-08 03:43 PM
    Love mine...bought 2. Work nd home

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 05:46 PM
    And it will also charge the Seido extended battery(as a spare)when it comes out. IN STOCK NOW and two day shipping can get it to you Wednesday before the Holiday. Awesome present for a "STORMIE".

Amzer makes quality stuff for Blackberry and I've never had a problem with any of their products.

Amzer Desktop Cradle with Extra Battery Charging Slot For Blackberry - BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Fommy.com

Good luck.
    I will get one after the prices come down. That a little high. It looks like it might meet my needs better.
    12-22-08 05:57 PM
    it is very nicely made and has a nice rubber thing on the bottom as well as a little white LED on the back of it..

all in all it doesnt do anything... but it sure looks nice.

in terms of functionality its only good while using your storm as an alarm clock...

definatly not worth $50 bucks but i only paid 17 w/ free shipping.

for $17, its worth it.
    12-22-08 06:02 PM
    12-22-08 06:16 PM
    Its nice I like mine onrod the first useless in principle pieces I have bought but its nice cause I don't haveto find the micro slot hole I love being able to just slide it in the dock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 06:31 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD