The other day I saw a video on CrackBerry about BlackBerry cases by a company called Dicota, part of RIM's Built For BlackBerry program (like Otterbox is, I think). I clicked on the link and went to their website, and saw some really cool cases for OS7 BlackBerrys. I ended up getting the black hardshell case for my 9900, with grey zig zag stripes, it was like $23 with shipping, arrived 2 days later with regular shipping, I was impressed.

The case looks great, fits perfect, has access to all buttons, ports and jacks.. BUT it was almost impossible to remove! I alternate between a 9900 and a 9810, and have only used the RIM manufactured hardshell and softshell cases for my 9900 and the Otterbox Commuter case for the 9810. The Dicota case stays on so tightly, I really thought that it was never coming off. I finally got it off today, to switch to my Torch, and the tips of my thumbs still hurt from prying the case of my Bold. I just wanted to let others know that Dicota makes really nice phone cases with unique designs, but they also seem to be designed to never come off!
    01-16-12 11:18 PM
    Hey Sean, I am the one who did the interview with Kevin and the Dicota line. He was nice enough to send me a whole box full of their cases for all the BB devices they have. I know exactly what you're talking about when you say it's hard to remove the hard case on the BB 9930. Here's the skinny on it, I took the end of a pair of tweezers to kind of pry off the case every night for about a week. Now, I can easily slide the case off by just pushing against one corner. I guess it's such a tight fit at first that you need to kind of "stretch" the case (if that makes any sense considering it's a hard case lol). Dicota stands by their products so if your realy do dislike it, send it back and I'm sure they'll make it right for you.
    02-03-12 09:44 PM
    I honestly think it's made to fit 100%, which is a way better than having loose fit. I bet the designer over there didn't think someone would alternate their device back and forth
    03-27-12 02:44 AM
    I got 1 of the hard shells for my 9930 and 1 for my girlfriends 9850. Its very snug and little difficult to get off but the low profile to the case beats what case-mate does with their barely there case. I find the one for my girlfriends 9850 a bit easier to get off then on my 9930. Maybe in time they will wear in a little more and get easier but these cases have some of the best fit to the phone I have seen.
    03-29-12 04:04 AM
    Get the CaseMate POP! and end the hunt for the perfect case.
    04-03-12 01:47 AM
    Get the CaseMate POP! and end the hunt for the perfect case.
    second that!
    04-03-12 07:12 AM
    04-03-12 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD